Colonel Spaulding - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Unregistered
    I was shocked that they picked someone that was not an insider. I don't know much about Terry Rhodes but this decision just increased my opinion of her. To my knowledge, Colonel Spaulding doesn't have many political friends. That tells me he was chosen based on his leadership skills.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You have clearly and factually described the fraudulent situation with so called colleges that are not ACCREDITED by "regional" accreditation programs such as SACS--Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Degrees from schools without the SACS accreditation (or other regional accrediting agency) are worthless and more and more employers are realizing this. People who claim degrees from schools like Phoenix, have worthless mail order or correspondence degrees.
    SO!!!!

I never seen a piece of paper work a crash or put a felon in jail. Even with that fancy piece of paper the State of Florida still requires you at obtain your Law Enforcement Standards to do the job... we all have that!

Unregistered
    I hope Colonel Spaulding does a great job. I've never met him, but from what I've heard he seems like a pretty solid choice. *But* can we talk about the selection? Doesn't anyone else find this appointment a bit odd? First, and most importantly, he wasn't an applicant for the job! Is being Colonel like winning a MacArthur genius grant, where you don't apply and one day you get a call that says "Hi, you've been chosen for a MacArthur grant, please tell us where to send your check?" Second, Spaulding has never been at GHQ. That completely bucks the trend. All of the Colonels except for the one out-of-stater have been GHQ insiders. Again, I wish him the best and hope he does a good job, it's just that his appointment has been so....unusual.
    While your question is posed by many.......the answer is quite short. I was at his promotional ceremony of Friday. A great event and very emotional for all.
    two things really stuck out to me after discussions with various executive personnel;
    First: "He wasn't even a applicant" - During the interviews of the applicants, one name kept coming up. most of these people were saying his name and referring to him in various aspects. this prompted a curiosity for the ED; If these guys want him as their number 2, why can't he be my number 1?
    Second: The Colonel spoke at the podium. Very well done. He made a comment of his lack of his GHQ experience. He said while he wasn't familiar with how things are done there at GHQ, he did know what is like to be a trooper- what it takes to do the job - what the troopers need to do the job- and what the troopers should have in their executive leadership. The GHQ experience will come as it may.
    I am very excited to have him as our Director and look forward to his leadership.

Unregistered
    While your question is posed by many.......the answer is quite short. I was at his promotional ceremony of Friday. A great event and very emotional for all.
    two things really stuck out to me after discussions with various executive personnel;
    First: "He wasn't even a applicant" - During the interviews of the applicants, one name kept coming up. most of these people were saying his name and referring to him in various aspects. this prompted a curiosity for the ED; If these guys want him as their number 2, why can't he be my number 1?
    Second: The Colonel spoke at the podium. Very well done. He made a comment of his lack of his GHQ experience. He said while he wasn't familiar with how things are done there at GHQ, he did know what is like to be a trooper- what it takes to do the job - what the troopers need to do the job- and what the troopers should have in their executive leadership. The GHQ experience will come as it may.
    I am very excited to have him as our Director and look forward to his leadership.
    Was Kelly at the ceremony?

Unregistered
    Was Kelly at the ceremony?

Yes she was there.

Unregistered
    So you think this job and being a leader of Law Enforcement Officers do not require you have technical knowledge of the job? How do you know if your subordinates possess the required technical knowledge if you do not know yourself? In this profession technical knowledge in the field and especially important for those who supervise along with common sense. I do agree it does not matter where you received your education as long as you are competent.

As far as ego's go, do you want your new Troop Commander to be a limp wrist pansy who is unsure or someone who has command presence, confident, and can make decisions when presented with problems.

Just relax it will work itself out.

I don’t think you understand the statement and the dynamics of leadership including the "ART". We ALL have egos to be in this profession and this profession builds egos. But some cannot control or keep their egos in check and that’s what the statement implies. In addition, an effective and educated leader by through science will practice the "ART “of leadership by knowing who has the technical skills. How? Because they possess that talent by knowing how to engage, asking the right and direct hard questions, MBW, seeking input, observing and listening. How does a president, Governor, a CEO, or a Chief executive lead effectively? What technical knowledge does he possess to be effective?

Sit back,learn and watch how it works out!

Unregistered
    I don’t think you understand the statement and the dynamics of leadership including the "ART". We ALL have egos to be in this profession and this profession builds egos. But some cannot control or keep their egos in check and that’s what the statement implies. In addition, an effective and educated leader by through science will practice the "ART “of leadership by knowing who has the technical skills. How? Because they possess that talent by knowing how to engage, asking the right and direct hard questions, MBW, seeking input, observing and listening. How does a president, Governor, a CEO, or a Chief executive lead effectively? What technical knowledge does he possess to be effective?

Sit back,learn and watch how it works out!
    And you need to finish college and have a degree to do all that. Why???

John Glenn, During the tense space race of the 1950s and 1960s, one man emerged as the face of the American attempt to beat the Soviets into space and, ultimately, to the moon. That man was John Glenn: he became a war hero and one of the most famous astronauts in history, despite being a college dropout.
    Bill Gates, a college dropout, has been named the richest person in the world.
    Andrew Jackson, is most-known for being the 6th president of the United States, but was also a military governor, Army commander, an attorney, and a congressman – all without ever going to college.
    Abraham Lincoln, lawyer, U.S. president. Finished one year of formal schooling, self-taught himself trigonometry, and read Blackstone on his own to become a lawyer.
    John D. Rockefeller Sr., a high school dropout, became the first American billionaire and is said to be the richest man in history.
    Harry S. Truman 33rd president of the United States, In 1901 he graduated from Independence High School. Although he enrolled in Spalding’s Commercial College to study business, Truman dropped out after just one semester.
    Frederick Henry Royce, auto designer, multimillionaire co-founder of Rolls-Royce. Dropped out of elementary school.
    George Eastman, multimillionaire inventor, Kodak founder. Dropped out of high school.
    Henry Ford, billionaire founder of Ford Motor Company. Did not attend college.
    Albert Einstein, Physicist, Yes: the man whose name now equates to “genius”; who published more than 300 scientific papers; the man behind E=MC2; the man who came up with the theory of relativity; and the man who won a Nobel prize—was in fact a high school dropout.

ITS THE MAN STUPID!

Unregistered
    Thank you very much. You certainly solved the mystery. I wish him all the best.

Unregistered
    SO!!!!

I never seen a piece of paper work a crash or put a felon in jail. Even with that fancy piece of paper the State of Florida still requires you at obtain your Law Enforcement Standards to do the job... we all have that!
    Touché my friend

Unregistered

College Education

You are correct; look where not getting a higher education got you.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast