Colonel Spaulding - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Check your history retard. Back in the 70s and 80s we had plenty of rapist and murderers. I'm not sure where you got the respected part from, FHP has always been the ***** of the state. I don't have a problem with a white boy telling me what to do, the last white boy told me to do a lot of things and look where we are today. Idiot
    You are obviously to "good" to be here and I can't imagine why you would stay. Why not just show us idiots how terrible this place will be with out you. .

Unregistered
    Maybe I missed something, but I have not seen any news coverage about our new Colonel.

Don't we have an overstaffed communications section??? What are they waiting on?

Unregistered

Regional/National Accrediation

I agree that there are plenty of good schools out there that are properly accredited regionally, but Mountain State University, which is the school that Brierton's official FHP bio shows him as attending has been shut down and proven to be nothing but a diploma mill. Google it for yourself and see. Their actual website even shows they have been shut down and are no longer operating.
    UF, FSU and every well respected school are Regionally accredited Colloges. National Accrediation is for schools where their credits cannot be transferred, I.e., The Harvard of On-Line Schools -- Phoenix. These colleges are worthless unless you want a BS degree and applying to a business that doesn't care about your qualifications or educational level, I.e., FHP

With National Acceediation you cannot take Med School or Law School exams (cannot hang out with the smart people). Again, National Acceediation is for those third rate companies that don't care where you were educated. A real employer (Not FHP, unfortunately) does care what college you attended, transcript showing curriculum and overall GPA. Again, the FHP doesn't care.

Considering Colonel Brierton (a true mental midget) had a degree from a national accredited school (a joke) it makes me wonder what the ED and the Governor think of the FHP. Are we just a bunch of knuckle drag gets to them?

Unregistered

Mountain State College

UF, FSU and every well respected school are Regionally accredited Colloges. National Accrediation is for schools where their credits cannot be transferred, I.e., The Harvard of On-Line Schools -- Phoenix. These colleges are worthless unless you want a BS degree and applying to a business that doesn't care about your qualifications or educational level, I.e., FHP

With National Acceediation you cannot take Med School or Law School exams (cannot hang out with the smart people). Again, National Acceediation is for those third rate companies that don't care where you were educated. A real employer (Not FHP, unfortunately) does care what college you attended, transcript showing curriculum and overall GPA. Again, the FHP doesn't care.

Considering Colonel Brierton (a true mental midget) had a degree from a national accredited school (a joke) it makes me wonder what the ED and the Governor think of the FHP. Are we just a bunch of knuckle drag gets to them?
    Forgot to Mention: Mountain State College was Nationally Accrediated; in other word, an on-line school for those who don't have the mental capacity to fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Unregistered
    I hope Colonel Spaulding does a great job. I've never met him, but from what I've heard he seems like a pretty solid choice. *But* can we talk about the selection? Doesn't anyone else find this appointment a bit odd? First, and most importantly, he wasn't an applicant for the job! Is being Colonel like winning a MacArthur genius grant, where you don't apply and one day you get a call that says "Hi, you've been chosen for a MacArthur grant, please tell us where to send your check?" Second, Spaulding has never been at GHQ. That completely bucks the trend. All of the Colonels except for the one out-of-stater have been GHQ insiders. Again, I wish him the best and hope he does a good job, it's just that his appointment has been so....unusual.

Unregistered
    I hope Colonel Spaulding does a great job. I've never met him, but from what I've heard he seems like a pretty solid choice. *But* can we talk about the selection? Doesn't anyone else find this appointment a bit odd? First, and most importantly, he wasn't an applicant for the job! Is being Colonel like winning a MacArthur genius grant, where you don't apply and one day you get a call that says "Hi, you've been chosen for a MacArthur grant, please tell us where to send your check?" Second, Spaulding has never been at GHQ. That completely bucks the trend. All of the Colonels except for the one out-of-stater have been GHQ insiders. Again, I wish him the best and hope he does a good job, it's just that his appointment has been so....unusual.

A successful and telling leader is not measured on where he received his education or how much technical knowledge he possesses. An effective leader will engage in the art of leadership in building his team by identifying skillsets in others that do possess that technical knowledge and not be threatening by those individuals’ abilities. Hopefully this Col can do that without doing what the last Col did and not just picking egos and friends..

Unregistered

Oh really...... So only graduates from places like UF or FSU have any knowledge? What exactly do you do at FSU that you do not do at as say Columbia Sothern or St. Leo, except attend Frat parties. What leadership skills did you learn while in college. I'll take a former military member over a big box college grad any day!

Unregistered
    A successful and telling leader is not measured on where he received his education or how much technical knowledge he possesses. An effective leader will engage in the art of leadership in building his team by identifying skillsets in others that do possess that technical knowledge and not be threatening by those individuals’ abilities. Hopefully this Col can do that without doing what the last Col did and not just picking egos and friends..
    So you think this job and being a leader of Law Enforcement Officers do not require you have technical knowledge of the job? How do you know if your subordinates possess the required technical knowledge if you do not know yourself? In this profession technical knowledge in the field and especially important for those who supervise along with common sense. I do agree it does not matter where you received your education as long as you are competent.

As far as ego's go, do you want your new Troop Commander to be a limp wrist pansy who is unsure or someone who has command presence, confident, and can make decisions when presented with problems.

Just relax it will work itself out.

Unregistered
    With all the problems we have faced in recent years coming from GHQ I think the fact that Spaulding has not been an "insider" is great thing.

Unregistered

Exclamation real professor

You have clearly and factually described the fraudulent situation with so called colleges that are not ACCREDITED by "regional" accreditation programs such as SACS--Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Degrees from schools without the SACS accreditation (or other regional accrediting agency) are worthless and more and more employers are realizing this. People who claim degrees from schools like Phoenix, have worthless mail order or correspondence degrees.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast