Javi learn! Broward Union President is denied lawsuit

Unregistered

Javi learn! Broward Union President is denied lawsuit

A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit against Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony from Jeff Bell, the president of BSO's deputy union, saying Bell has been unable to establish he has suffered "adverse employment action" from his suspension last month.

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WSVN) - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit against Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony from the president of Broward Sheriff’s Office union.

Jeff Bell, the president of the BSO Deputies Association, had sued Tony following Bell’s suspension last month.

That suspension took place after Bell accused the sheriff of not properly providing deputies with equipment to protect them from the coronavirus.

However, the federal judge said the lawsuit was thrown out because Bell has been unable to establish he has suffered “an adverse employment action” from his suspension.

In a statement issued Sunday, a BSO spokesperson wrote, “The federal court agreed with the position of the Broward Sheriff’s Office that Deputy Jeff Bell has not suffered any adverse employment action as a result of his suspension with pay while he is investigated for charges related to truthfulness, corrupt practices, employee statements, conduct unbecoming an employee and discretion. ”

A statement from BSO’s union reads in part, “The sheriff shut down the union’s pleas to work together by threatening to discipline President Bell. The court found that threat was not enough to support the lawsuit at this point. But in the court’s order, the union has been given the green light to speak without fear

Unregistered
    Javi I thought by now you would have done the same and file an ” adverse employment action lawsuit ”. I mean you lost that 15% management incentive pay, and all of your off duties and overtime detail scams. Not to mention
    your take-home vehicles, boat, helicopter and motorcycle privilege. Sucks paying for gas and tolls. You got lucky that the city didn't change that without pay ROD clause on the last contract. You would had been royaly f..k!

Well it's been over 4 months already and the best is yet to come. We are not disappointed and Crazy Joe sends his regards. Maybe next time you disrespect a sitting commissioner you should realize that there consequences.

Good luck can't wait to see you walking around in shorts and in your Gestapo uniform believing your running the department.

Stop fu cking with little Jorge and Papi. You brought this on yourself loudmouth.

Unregistered
    In part yes he did bring this on himself, The department and city played a roll too. See when you get away with so much that other don't and your city hall and people here, going to bat all the time for you. You believe you've become untouchable and are saying what they want to hear or do but afraid of doing it themselves. We create our own doppelgangers in this line of work. You can only attract so much attention in this line of work good and bad before it comes home to bite you on the azz. Ego's and police work rarely, work together for long before you offend people. Everyone in this department is replaceable, it may take time to have that come about. Your given enough rope to hang yourself and you can't honesty blame another. You will, cause you don't know any better. I've known officers over the years let go for far less or that big department (cover up) got them but not the ones they should have taken off the street. Lesson can be learned from everyone and eachother. CYA! Cause come tomorrow, it could be your turn. Stay out of the internal department b!tching, cause the ones b!tching, are going to play you off on another, so as not to attack attention to themselves. Funny but true story. Years ago, I thought I was the kings sh!t (for a N.Y. second) Fresh out of my FTO program, riding solo, tearing up the North end. My word was the law (I know stupid ego) till I came across a fellow name Bill Clayton. Now Mr. Bill unknown to me had mental issues, coming from his 4 tours of duty in Southeast Asia. He was drunk, talking smack and I couldn't have that now (ego) When I went to place my hands upon him for a arrest, that really shouldn't have happened in the first place. I went sailing over the hood of my car and hit the wall behind me, hard enough to say oh-sh!t what the he!! just happen. He didn't to my surprise and luck follow thru and beat me like a stupid child, I was. Sitting there, with my head up my azz, thinking I going to have to shoot him. Glad it didn't come about to that. It was at that moment I came to understand. My words and action, will cause a equal reaction from another and my badge and uniform doesn't make me the stud duck in this pond. Nor, could I bring myself to arrest him, cause I was the fool who could of settled this down but ego, choose to bring it up a tier. Moral of this rant, is yesterday, today your on top of the food chain, cause other choose NOT to slap you down over your own stupidly and I can't blame others. This was all me. Ortiz, needed to sail over the hood of a car, cause he would of been (maybe) a better man and cop.