Holy Smokes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Smokes

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No. Graduated the Academy earlier this year and believe in the history and traditions of this agency. We were told our pay is going to get better, really better, by the beginning of next year. Just stay positive.
    Don’t worry son, the new will wear off soon. The shiny exterior will rub off and you will see the turd inside. This place sucks. Traditions? Those are long past. The people I see at FHP NEVER would have gotten hired in the past. We now hire just about anyone that will pass a background. Don’t fool yourself kid.

Unregistered
    I think he was jokingly trying to tell you there’s someone that posts “folks” and always ends with “if you don’t like it here you can leave.” Nothing about political correctness 😊
    My response was in jest too.

Unregistered
    FHP is still the premier law enforcement agency of Florida. Look at our state of the art Academy and facilities. Look at our stringent hiring standards. Not everyone who applies makes it on, probably less than 3% make it. We get tens of thousand of applicants each year. Less than a hundred are fortunate to be invited to the Academy.

FHP is stronger than before. Yes, our pay needs improvement. Just sit tigjt, it will improve soon. Sooner than you can imagine.

Wear that uniform with pride and honor those who wore it before you.

Florida
    Highway
    Patrol
    Hear, Hear! Very true!

Unregistered
    Don’t worry son, the new will wear off soon. The shiny exterior will rub off and you will see the turd inside. This place sucks. Traditions? Those are long past. The people I see at FHP NEVER would have gotten hired in the past. We now hire just about anyone that will pass a background. Don’t fool yourself kid.
    Every workplace has warts. No place is perfect. Pay definitely needs to go up! I feel bad for you that you are so disappointed and disillusioned.

Truly wish you the best.

Unregistered
    Every workplace has warts. No place is perfect. Pay definitely needs to go up! I feel bad for you that you are so disappointed and disillusioned.

Truly wish you the best.
    Disillusioned how? This place is a joke. Our hiring standards are piss poor now and we are short handed due to mismanagement and sh!t pay. It is NOT just a pay issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12