Did a deputy steal $9,000 from a poker player? Petition demands to see the video
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Question Did a deputy steal $9,000 from a poker player? Petition demands to see the video

Did a deputy steal $9,000 from a poker player? Petition demands to see the video

By Devoun Cetoute
    June 14, 2019 03:47 PM, Updated June 14, 2019 03:47 PM

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...231557018.html

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has been petitioned by civil rights advocates to release a video that they say shows a deputy stealing from a professional poker player’s bag.

The Florida Civil Rights Coalition and the poker player filed the petition for the release of surveillance video in Broward County Circuit Court on Thursday afternoon. BSO had refused to release the video after public records requests from the group, the petition claims.

The video in question was recorded at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in late 2018, according to the petition.

It shows Deputy Michael Spencer finding South Florida-based poker player Aaron Mermelstein’s unattended bag at a cellphone charging station. Spencer looked inside the bag, but didn’t turn on his body camera or alert dispatch, the petition said.

Instead, he went inside a public restroom, off camera and out of sight, with the backpack. After several minutes, he left the bathroom and eventually reported the bag missing and turned on his body camera.

When Mermelstein later got his bag, he discovered that about $9,000 had been stolen from it, the petition said.

BSO did not immediately respond when called and emailed for comment.

According to the civil rights coalition, Spencer violated several BSO policies.

BSO’s Division of Internal Affairs determined that no misconduct issues were found, the petition said.

A statement from the civil rights coalition said there have been more than 66 official probes of criminal misconduct into the Broward Sheriff’s Office since 2012.

Unregistered
    Deputy Michael Spencer needs a psych eval. I know him personally and hes has some narcissistic issues. He's also a liar and a huge womanizer. He was married (until a few months ago) but also had a girlfriend of three years and another girlfriend of almost a year. He pretends to be at work and goes from female to female, sometimes while still on the clock.He picks up women on the job (courhouse or airport). This allegation does not surprise me at all.

Unregistered
    He was total garbage as a jailer as well.

Unregistered
    remember him from the jail. nothing special, but he thought he was all that.

Unregistered

Sounds like a Nazi Major we know!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Deputy Michael Spencer needs a psych eval. I know him personally and hes has some narcissistic issues. He's also a liar and a huge womanizer. He was married (until a few months ago) but also had a girlfriend of three years and another girlfriend of almost a year. He pretends to be at work and goes from female to female, sometimes while still on the clock.He picks up women on the job (courhouse or airport). This allegation does not surprise me at all.
    Somebody is mad at mike!
    I guess you are his spurned lover Jimmy the RAT!

Unregistered

Alvin P Read all about it Sheriff Tony! Drugs and cash missing

Are you still talking about Col Alvin P???
    That fits him perfectly, whoring,lazy,stealing!

Unregistered
    Agreed....Our inept IA division couldn't or more likely wouldn't do anything about it. Would it because Spencer is an African American and it's bad press. The guy is a lazy, pos, racist who's complete garbage. Other than that, hes a swell guy.

Unregistered
    Looks like a pure cover up! Are you kidding me? Talk about deceptive behavior and BSO finds no issue with this? You may not be able to prove the theft but you can't tell me there's no policy violations. What a disgrace!! BSO is disgusting. Makes me sick to be here. One more year and I can say goodbye to this political cesspool.

Unregistered
    Are you still talking about Col Alvin P???
    That fits him perfectly, whoring,lazy,stealing!
    And he'll retire with a great pension. What a pos.

Unregistered

This isn’t the NAZI MAJOR?

Somebody is mad at mike!
    I guess you are his spurned lover Jimmy the RAT!
    Sounds like him. Boy this place is brimming with leadership. LOL

Appointee comes in, doesn’t know anybody, and promotes the Nazi. Instant loss of credibility from day 1.

Which had only been reinforced and proven over time. 2020, hurry up and get here fast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast