Victim Witness Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

THE OVERALL PURPOSE OF OUR VICTIM WITNESS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM IS:
    To enhance and protect the necessary role of crime victims and witnesses within the Federal criminal justice process; to form partnerships with State and local communities to establish and provide important victim services and rights; and to assure our best efforts in affording victims the following rights pursuant to Title 18, United States Code, Section 3771:

Rights of Crime Victims:

The right to be reasonably protected from the accused.
    The right to reasonable, accurate, and timely notice of any public court proceeding, or any parole proceeding, involving the crime or of any release or escape of the accused.
    The right not to be excluded from any such public court proceeding, unless the court, after receiving clear and convincing evidence, determines that testimony by the victim would be materially altered if the victim heard other testimony at that proceeding.
    The right to be reasonably heard at any public proceeding in the district court involving release, plea, sentencing, or any parole proceeding.
    The reasonable right to confer with the attorney for the Government in the case.
    The right to full and timely restitution as provided in law.
    The right to proceedings free from unreasonable delay.
    The right to be treated with fairness and with respect for the victim's dignity and privacy.
    The right to be informed in a timely manner of any plea bargain or deferred prosecution agreement.
    The right to be informed of the rights under this section and the services described in section 503(c) of the Victims' Rights and Restitution Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 10607(c)) and provided contact information for the Office of the Victims' Rights Ombudsman of the Department of Justice.

IN ADDITION TO THE RIGHTS THAT VICTIMS ARE ENTITLED TO, WE ROUTINELY PROVIDE VICTIMS/WITNESSES WITH THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
    Information on medical facilities, social services, availability of compensation, availability of public and private programs which provide counseling, treatment and other support, notice of the status of the investigation and the prosecution of the crime, notice of the opportunities for allocution to the presiding judge, prepaid transportation and lodging arrangements, secure waiting areas while at court proceedings, return of property held as evidence, employer or creditor intercession/notification, child care assistance, and payment of forensic rape exams and other rights and services pertaining to notification, testing and services for crime victims in sexual assault cases.

The Victim Witness Information Form is used throughout this state to assist U.S. Attorneys' Offices and other federal agencies with their statutory obligations to advise the courts of the appropriate restitution to be awarded to victims.

Toll-free Telephone Numbers for the Victim-Witness Coordinators:

Miami, Fl (888) 513-0867 (888) 513-0867

Fort Lauderdale, Fl (800) 379-4643 (800) 379-4643

Unregistered
    Considering I was forwarded the information that ended of being a civil matter, what was she a victim of? Last I heard she owed some ridiculous amount of money to a group of attorneys???

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Considering I was forwarded the information that ended of being a civil matter, what was she a victim of? Last I heard she owed some ridiculous amount of money to a group of attorneys???
    If it was a civil matter why did the Sheriff message her on facebook and ask her to meet 10-19 with the offer of helping her?

Why did he proceed to pursue a sexual relationship with her after she reported a six figure theft to ECU?

He targeted the victim of a crime so he could have sex with her.

Unregistered

children please!!!!!

We have a sheriff that is a single man looking for a relationship. The sheriff meets an age appropriate woman and they begin dating. Things do not work out which in not unusual since it typically takes a few tries to find someone compatible. Oops she got pregnant and the relationship was already over when this was discovered. I can tell you if I was in that situation I would suggest abortion and I think most guys would.

We finally have a sheriff fighting for us and demonstrating it with real action. We got a respectable raise this year, detail pay will be going up, and we will get all personal time at the beginning of the year. These are the things this agency needed and he is promising more. Based on the previous action it seems likely positive future changes are likely. Give the man a chance!!!!

What are you crying about?????

Unregistered
    I agree, Mike did not care and never fought for us. Yes this Sheriff is picked by him but is making some great changes. I have two kids from two relationships, I don’t care about this, it’s actually stupid. Keep the raises coming and none of this will matter!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    We have a sheriff that is a single man looking for a relationship. The sheriff meets an age appropriate woman and they begin dating. Things do not work out which in not unusual since it typically takes a few tries to find someone compatible. Oops she got pregnant and the relationship was already over when this was discovered. I can tell you if I was in that situation I would suggest abortion and I think most guys would.

We finally have a sheriff fighting for us and demonstrating it with real action. We got a respectable raise this year, detail pay will be going up, and we will get all personal time at the beginning of the year. These are the things this agency needed and he is promising more. Based on the previous action it seems likely positive future changes are likely. Give the man a chance!!!!

What are you crying about?????
    The relationship was not over. He was watching her house and checking on her son while she was out of town. She told him by phone. He broke up because she didn't want to have an abortion. He was hostile and threatening. 31 pages of texts and hours of audio don't lie.

If he'll kill his unborn, threaten then abandon his pregnant girlfriend he won't be loyal to anyone.

Unregistered
    If it was a civil matter why did the Sheriff message her on facebook and ask her to meet 10-19 with the offer of helping her?

Why did he proceed to pursue a sexual relationship with her after she reported a six figure theft to ECU?

He targeted the victim of a crime so he could have sex with her.

Do as he says, not as he does

Unregistered
    After reading all this and watching the news my first conversation would be PLEASE have an abortion. Some people are pro choice, some are pro life. Some don’t care either way! This reads as a set up!

Unregistered
    After reading all this and watching the news my first conversation would be PLEASE have an abortion. Some people are pro choice, some are pro life. Some don’t care either way! This reads as a set up!
    It was absolutely a set up!

He followed her on Facebook. Messaged. Asked to help w ECU case. Convinced her to meet at 10-19.

CM Engaged in aggressive sexual pursuit of DW within days.

How the f*ck is he still sheriff?

Unregistered
    Based on her history this whole event was planned. Ask Evan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast