What will it take to keep you all from leaving? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Unregistered
    Can I have a job?

Unregistered
    A decent raise, outter carriers, fair promotional opportunities. Newer reliable vehicles, paid overtime.

Unregistered
    How about a step plan, a fair promotional process, end the the process of promotions based on ass kissing and backstabbing. I know SO1 doesn't have it in him, but how about actually giving a shit about all the members in the agency. That of course would mean he would have to leave the castle to get to know them. What comes down to is this administration cannot do the things needed to retain staff because they just aren't built that way, they don't have it in them. Deputies aren't leaving for better pay. They're leaving for a better boss.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How about a step plan, a fair promotional process, end the the process of promotions based on ass kissing and backstabbing. I know SO1 doesn't have it in him, but how about actually giving a shit about all the members in the agency. That of course would mean he would have to leave the castle to get to know them. What comes down to is this administration cannot do the things needed to retain staff because they just aren't built that way, they don't have it in them. Deputies aren't leaving for better pay. They're leaving for a better boss.

It is a shame. Based on our location and call volume, this should be a top agency on everyone’s radar but unfortunately bc of management it’s not.

Command staff has to go

I am no longer at CCSO but I can tell you the sheriff has called my new agency to tell them to stop hiring CCSO employees. Who does that?While I was there we also received several passive aggressive emails from the sheriff threatening us. In addition to that the command staff shields the sheriff from what is really going on and the sheriff will in turn make big decisions based on hearsay. This place is full of toxic leadership trying to fill their egos. To top it off you can work at CCSO for years and end up making less than a new deputy coming in. They regularly do compression raises and are dishonest about future plans with raises. Great for when you are brand new but wait 2 years till you get screwed over and have a naive and toxic puppet supervisor desperate (and will do anything) for a promotion. I am glad I left as there has been so much turnover they are promoting inexperienced people and the road is full of short staffed rookies. I hear those rockstar corporals are covering zones now. Why are we leaving? Drop the toxic ego driven leadership. The safety of the community is threatened at this point. It's pathetic. It's too bad because there are a lot of specialities here that could make it an enjoyable place to work. Also watch out for retaliation if they find out you apply somewhere else- you will get moved to nightshift on the opposite rotation with a few days notice. Prepare for more sworn quitting CCSO it's coming.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A decent raise, outter carriers, fair promotional opportunities. Newer reliable vehicles, paid overtime.
    Is this mofo for real? More reliable? Beotch, where are you gonna go where they put rookies in year old cars for them to just wreck them, repeat and replace again with new. Because that's what we've been doing to keep you kids happy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456