Trouble responding to post

Trouble responding to post

I tried to respond to Carl Shawver's post after logging in with my user name (Elliot Parsowith) and password, but got an error message that the user name (Elliot Parsowith) was already in use.

Moderator: any ideas.

Elliot

I too have been having problems and have addressed it to the sysop and chip. As you can see, I had to respond with a different user name other than Mod 184. Hope to have an answer very soon. Thanks. Mod 184

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Interesting

I'm not poaching on your board, moderator.

Just though I would give it a test and see if I could post here since you were unable to do so.

If I can and you can't, that makes the problem even more interesting.

mod 166

:roll:

Problem?

Elliot:

Did the problem go away?

I see you haven't gotten a response from the mod.

Perhaps you should send the mod an e-mail since he doesn't seem to be reading the board.

:?

I am still having problems posting and replying to posts. I have discussed this with our IT and still am perpelxed. He logged on as me and was able to post yet I still cannot. I have cleaned my cash, allowed pop-ups from this site, etc. We think it may be my ISP, so I am going to take my trusty laptop to a wi-fi site and see what happens. As to the To Elliot poster, obviously YOU are not reading this Forum as I did post a response to this a couple days ago. It is critical self-rightousness that makes me tired!
    Always here and watching,
    Mod 184.

Oh dear. Moderator got his feelings hurt. :cry:

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    No just frustrated with my ISP!
    Mod184@leoaffairs.com
    Never get so pretentious that you can't laugh at yourself!

You are doing a great job. My "To Elliot" post was not to demean you, but to suggest that he might get a more direct response if he sent you an e-mail.

The board continues to have a few glitches.

Thanks. Anyway, I took my trusty laptop to a wi-fi spot and sure enough I can now log on and post as your moderator. So it got me to thinking...a few years back my ISP had trouble going to certain sites and I ended using this method. Some ISPs use their own version of IE, but it is not truly IE. So tonight I sit on my crotchity desktop using IE and lo and behold I can post as Mod 184!! Anyway, try this and if that does not cure the problem, I guess call your ISP and see if they can help. I know it is frustrating to navigate to post reply and then you are logged out and logging back in does nothing but start a vicious cycle! Stay safe
    Mod184@leoaffairs.com

Oops, forgot to say. Logon with your ISP, and once fully logged on, minimize it and then click start on your computer, then click on Internet Explorer. The address for the site is (in case you have it book marked and have forgotten it):
    www.leoaffairs.com/phpBB2.

If this does not work, let me know. One option before that is to click on tools or settings (whichever you have), then internet options. Once there, allow "pop ups" from this site. Then try again. Believe me, I understand your frustration.
    Mod184@leoaffairs.com