Where are the deputies going to come from? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And nobody that is retired would come back to work for Chitwood. Letter or no letter. I would relish hearing the name of one person that is retired that would come back to work for him.
    Anybody that comes back in any capacity for any agency is an idiot. If you can't plan your finances well enough to not need to keep working after your retirement, you have issues. You have an excellent retirement system and, unfortunately, most of you suck at managing your money and financial affairs. I know you're going to tell me the pay sucks and I somewhat agree. But there are two issues here. 1) You chose to work here. There are other places that pay much more. The choice is all yours. 2) Don't live beyond your means. This agency has a lot of available overtime. Don't cry poor mouth when the ability to make more is right in front of you. Yes, the idea is to work less and make more. Unfortunately, this agency doesn't allow much of that. So go out and work and make the money you want. For God's sake, don't spend more than you are earning.

Sorry for the lengthy dialog, but I couldn't help myself. It sickens me to see guys/gals come back to law enforcement when they've already dedicated most of their life to it. Retirement is a new chapter in life. Begin it. Don't go back to the same rut you were in before. If you failed to plan, shame on you.

Unregistered
    I got my letter!!! Only one thing holding me back...haha

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I got my letter!!! Only one thing holding me back...haha
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe somebody else will hire you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123