Pinellas County Deputy Recruit

Pinellas County Deputy Recruit

Does anyone know when Pinellas Sheriff is going to hire for a recruit class for Patrol Deputies again? I have 3 years Military, I was in a Combat Unit in for a total of 3 years and went to Iraq for a year got a Honorable Discharge. I have 15 credit hours of college and have been doing security for a year now. What would my actual chances of being hired be? Can I do a ride along or do I have to apply first?

Re: Pinellas County Deputy Recruit

Also how many people do they normally hire for each recruit class?

We are hiring constantly and usually something like 30 at a time. Call 582-6200 and ask for Human Resources. They can give exact time frames.

We are constantly hiring because people are constantly bailing out due to lousy management and a lousy sheriff.

...or getting terminated, retiring or resigning while under investigation or just flat out leaving for other agencies. Or like you said, bailing.

I hear there's the possibility we may be losing another good deputy. CE has his AID soon and isn't he looking at a few level 5's for being a damn good deputy but another deputy got a case of hurt feeleoma?

I thought cops had thick skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    We are constantly hiring because people are constantly bailing out due to lousy management and a lousy sheriff.
    How ridiculous is that statement? Funny you should ask, that is a ridiculous statement because it is possible that "Guest" is an employee and still works here. We cannot say "mission accomplished" until the intelligence challenged people like "Guest" move on to greener pastures like AnywhereButHere PD. I would so very much like to here some names of people who have "bailed out" due to "lousy management and a lousy Sheriff". I can think of many, many people who were fired, resigned in lieu of termination or retired in the face of major violations. To them I say good riddance. I have yet to see one name posted in that type of termination where I thought, "Oh man, I never saw that coming." I have seen a few good cops go elsewhere for money, family or different options like Nick and Nick to Tampa PD. But they left on good terms with reputations intact for an agency where they have good prospects and bright financial potential. Really other than those two what else do you have? Slugs fired, good bye. Supervisors having inappropriate relations on and off duty, good bye. An ego case who can't control his mouth, good bye. Keep on truckin Car 1

Hey Smegma Man,

I am not talking about the screw-ups, I am talking about the ones who could have stayed longer but bailed out due to crazy Bob and the rest of the management who is getting worse with each promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I don't work for the PCSO and never have. I how however spent 32 years in Law Enforcement. What I don't understand is why the few complainers on this board stay at PCSO. Your retirement will transfer to any FRS agency, so why don't you just pack your ass up and leave if you hate it so much there.

Every topic that comes up has some dumbass complaining about the sheriff or his staff. Just leave and you can complain about your next job and give this one a rest. I'm sure the next sheriff will be a idiot also, and none can match your management skills. Funny how they didn't see fit to promote your all knowing self.

I don't work for the PCSO and never have. I how however spent 32 years in Law Enforcement. What I don't understand is why the few complainers on this board stay at PCSO. Your retirement will transfer to any FRS agency, so why don't you just pack your ass up and leave if you hate it so much there.

Every topic that comes up has some dumbass complaining about the sheriff or his staff. Just leave and you can complain about your next job and give this one a rest. I'm sure the next sheriff will be a idiot also, and none can match your management skills. Funny how they didn't see fit to promote your all knowing self.
    Because were not the ones who screwed up this agency. Their the ones who should pack and live.

Every time a sheriff changes in an agency there will be changes in the brass and policy. The new sheriff has his way of doing things and it might not be to every ones liking. It looks to me like the sheriff is weeding out a few bad apples that should of been weeded out before.

He is also trying to please some of the troops with a green uniform and Tahoes. He can't please every one or correct every thing the troops want. Sounds like he is also trying to get you better pay and a step plan. These things don't happen over night.