Patrol

Thread: Patrol

Patrol

While driving home with my family tonight I looked around and did not see any patrol cars. From the Mall all the way to the Punta Gorda Bridge. Obviously you guys are busy taking calls, but what is going on with your command staff? They need to have more deputies patrolling the streets. I like seeing officer presence. Its very sad that I do not see deputies actively patrolling anymore. It seems like they are going call to call to call etc.

Any insight is appreciated.

Re: Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by concearnedcitizen
    While driving home with my family tonight I looked around and did not see any patrol cars. From the Mall all the way to the Punta Gorda Bridge. Obviously you guys are busy taking calls, but what is going on with your command staff? They need to have more deputies patrolling the streets. I like seeing officer presence. Its very sad that I do not see deputies actively patrolling anymore. It seems like they are going call to call to call etc.

Any insight is appreciated.
    Sometimes the calls for service are backed up. Some calls may require at least two units. If you are passing through town, you may not see the cars on 41. They also need to patrol the neighborhoods. So it is very possible that you won't see a unit. It just depends. In order to have more units, requires more money. With times being as tough as they are, more money isn't an option for the agency. They haven't had raises in several years, as a matter of fact, they have taken a hit of 5% in their pay. To hire more, would hurt the current officers more. They are doing more with less. Thanks for your concern though.

CCSO responds when a citizen request a deputy, which means at times deputies are tied up on calls pertaining to kids making to much noise playing in their pool and citizen wants a deputy to go quiet them down, vin checks, people walking down the street that they don't recognize living in their neighborhood, I could go on. This ties up deputies when a true emergency is going on. People need to educate themselves on when a deputy is needed at that time or if it can wait until business hours.

Im sooooooooooooooo tired of all you cry babies and the claim you lost 5%.

The 3% for FRS was NEVER YOUR MONEY. How about you look at the fact that for years the taxpayers funded your retirement 100%

WHAT A BENEFIT.

Now you have to put 3% in - BIG FREAKING DEAL. You get the $$ back when you retire.

LOSERS

What you do not seem to understand is that a lot of us took the job with CCSO, even though it was lower paying, because of the fully funded pension. Yes, IT WAS OUR MONEY FROM DAY ONE! It was part of a verbal contract that was executed at the time of our employment. Unfortunately, some very good LEO's WILL move on! Then you might hecome a "very concerned citizen".

Quote Originally Posted by concernedLEO
    What you do not seem to understand is that a lot of us took the job with CCSO, even though it was lower paying, because of the fully funded pension. Yes, IT WAS OUR MONEY FROM DAY ONE! It was part of a verbal contract that was executed at the time of our employment. Unfortunately, some very good LEO's WILL move on! Then you might hecome a "very concerned citizen".
    Actually, it was more than a verbal agreement. It was state law! The monies that public employees pay do not go towards our retirements, it goes into general funds. Thus, it's a tax on public employees. I wonder how your average private sector employee would like to pay an income tax that didn't apply to public sector employees?

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Cit
    Im sooooooooooooooo tired of all you cry babies and the claim you lost 5%.

The 3% for FRS was NEVER YOUR MONEY. How about you look at the fact that for years the taxpayers funded your retirement 100%

WHAT A BENEFIT.

Now you have to put 3% in - BIG FREAKING DEAL. You get the $$ back when you retire.

LOSERS

Typical SHEEP!!!!!

Funny you mention sheep. This is what I hear in my head when I read the editorials in the sun

[youtube:1dslmm5t]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdmAscQbDg[/youtube:1dslmm5t]

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Funny you mention sheep. This is what I hear in my head when I read the editorials in the sun

[youtube:2rodaaxy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdmAscQbDg[/youtube:2rodaaxy]
    Now that's funny!