And the new Director is... - Page 16
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Re: And the new Director is...

If the next guy is from within things will remain somewhat stable. Each of the Directors you named came from within and the biggest issues were the inner circles they developed. Of course those in the circle were happy and those excluded were not. But overall, other than personnel issues related to promotions/demotions and some differences in what the operational priorities would be it was business as usual. If one of the guys listed is appointed things will carry on and everyone should remain calm. BUT if it's an outsider, it's a new ball game. I ask the question yet again: What the heck is taking so long???? Maybe the Mayor is waiting until the election cycle is over. I'm also still intrigued by Erched's rather sudden and early departure. Is it he couldn't work for a promoted subordinate or did he have info about an outsider?

Yeah I agree it's taking too long. Patterson or Santana will be appointed. Should happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest305
    If the next guy is from within things will remain somewhat stable. Each of the Directors you named came from within and the biggest issues were the inner circles they developed. Of course those in the circle were happy and those excluded were not. But overall, other than personnel issues related to promotions/demotions and some differences in what the operational priorities would be it was business as usual. If one of the guys listed is appointed things will carry on and everyone should remain calm. BUT if it's an outsider, it's a new ball game. I ask the question yet again: What the heck is taking so long???? Maybe the Mayor is waiting until the election cycle is over. I'm also still intrigued by Erched's rather sudden and early departure. Is it he couldn't work for a promoted subordinate or did he have info about an outsider?
    I think Erched found out it wasn't going to be him and said "Seeya". I agree with a previous poster about the change in the department. The only constant is "change". Its not the end of the world and this place isn't going to collapse.

It will be my good drinking buddy Pete Cuccaro. :devil:

Bill Press is available. He has the smarts and experience to do the job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Bill Press is available. He has the smarts and experience to do the job.
    That's a good one.

Regardless who gets the position, we must support. It will be a tough job for many reasons. Unless they select a person who is not in the DROP, the next director must start grooming the future top person and staff.

JD would be logical choice based on his experience. While running the Department he must identify key people and immediately start preparing them. Keep in mind that JD, 3 of 4 chiefs and several majors are in the DROP and could leave anytime. The 1 chief and a few majors that are not in the DROP may be running the Department in the next 1-3 years. Preparing is a must.

I think the delay is because of the elections or other political reasons. Of course, there is always a possibility that an unknown outsider is being considered. That will be tough for the Dept. I suspect that we should know in the very near future, maybe soon after the elections.

So if Patterson is named, then they would need to make two AD's since Erched is gone. Or like someone already mentioned, they could add a Deputy Director and two AD's... Wonder who those will be? It'll sure be interesting to see.

They will also have some Major positions available Homeland and PCiB. There's gonna be lots of movement.

I am still trying to get over the thought of Bill Press! What a joke. JD can't get this place ready for the future. I dont know if anyone can.

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast