A rose by any other name...

A rose by any other name...

I was thinking about the gun crime response task force, and something struck me about their mission...

They respond to crimes where a gun is used to rob, shoot, shoot at, or kill somebody. I think we already have a unit that does that. It is called the ROBBERY/HOMICIDE UNIT.

Re: A rose by any other name...

True. And with the increase in gun crimes in the City and County the collaboration among multiple agencies brings more investigative power to the events and sooner after they occur. You are against accepting help?

Quote Originally Posted by Follow my logic
    I was thinking about the gun crime response task force, and something struck me about their mission...

They respond to crimes where a gun is used to rob, shoot, shoot at, or kill somebody. I think we already have a unit that does that. It is called the ROBBERY/HOMICIDE UNIT.
    Really? The Robbery/Homicide Unit responds, no matter when/where to every call involving a firearm? You obviously have no clue so you have no logic in your statement. The Robbery/Homicide Unit is a passive unit and unless the victim appears that they will/may die, they will be sitting at home. The gun response unit will show up to your call if suspect A dropped a gun while fleeing from the police, so back again to your "logic"????

Don't forget that the gun unit will be reporting back to Aiken about what the Homicide Unit is doing wrong. No more covering for the investigator's screw ups by the their captain and commander.

Hmmmm..... And all this time I thought that's what patrol was for.

A photo op is what it was just like 2/3 of morgan's B.S nothing comes of it but he is in the news.

[quote=Guess I was wrong]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Follow my logic":3bcbpqxj

Hmmmm..... And all this time I thought that's what patrol was for.[/quote:3bcbpqxj]

You are truly clueless aren't you? You're obviously not a cop huh? Do you think a patrol officer can investigate this in depth, follow up on leads and take the time while trying to answer calls in his/her district, back up fellow officers and patrol their district? You really live in the 70's buddy. Do us a favor, put on your plaid pants, hang your fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror and go back to your 8 track player, we have evolved. You're one of those type people that do not except progression and thinking outside of the box. Do you say, "Why change anything, this is how we've done it for 30 years?" Yeah, you probably do say that.

[quote=Move forward][quote="Guess I was wrong":2g8c3fst]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Follow my logic":2g8c3fst

Hmmmm..... And all this time I thought that's what patrol was for.[/quote:2g8c3fst]

You are truly clueless aren't you? You're obviously not a cop huh? Do you think a patrol officer can investigate this in depth, follow up on leads and take the time while trying to answer calls in his/her district, back up fellow officers and patrol their district? You really live in the 70's buddy. Do us a favor, put on your plaid pants, hang your fuzzy dice on the rear view mirror and go back to your 8 track player, we have evolved. You're one of those type people that do not except progression and thinking outside of the box. Do you say, "Why change anything, this is how we've done it for 30 years?" Yeah, you probably do say that.[/quote:2g8c3fst]

Patrol would do a much better job there Cletus. Those Jabronies upstairs could'nt smell a lead if a biscuit was tied to it.

I think you have gone too far a biscuit just might do the trick . have you checked out the waist lines on some of those great crime fighters .