Cameron's Editorial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cameron's Editorial

Yes Bill it is true that history unstudied is destined to be repeated. From my perspective I want to disect your editorial piece by piece. Glen Sapp was before my arrival and I will respect your facts. You will have to stand by those facts should you be challenged civilly by Mr Sapp. Attention to Mr Pope I will state that you are privy to the personnel files on Mr Pope. Again, you will have to stand by your statement in your editorial. Your comment on Mr Rubino about not being experienced in budgets including the jail is questionable. I would like to know what your experience was in formulating budgets when you were appointed Sheriff with the help of your close friend Lieutenant Governor J Kottkamp way back when. What was your experience in running jails when you were with Fort Myers PD and Lee County Sheriff's Office? I would say you had help when you arrived from the dedicated men and women from CCSO. What was Prummels rank back then? Corporal or Sergeant?

Now on to your endorsement of Bill Prummel and his unblemished 20 year record. You failed to mention his documented bankruptcy which is easy to find in the Sarasota County Court Files. You failed to mention two complaints reported to FDLE, were those complaints unfounded? Ha ha I didn't see Pope's name or Rubino's name on the FDLE website when it came to documented complaints. You mentioned Prummels two degrees. From what institution? I can tell you one was IMPAC University in Punta Gorda. Folks go do the research and have a chuckle with IMPAC! Cameron you got a degree from there as well.

Finally, great job to all the women at the CCSO for reaccredation. This was all a result of teamwork from all and not Prummel himself.

Congratulations on getting all those great cards and letters from citizens praising our agency. Those cards and letters I am sure reflected on the hard work and dedication from the road units and detectives on the front lines and they were not all praising Prummel.

Finally, you state that Prummel is the most honest and most ethical candidate running. You Mr Cameron have a different definition of honesty and ethics than most of the men and women working at the CCSO.

Re: Cameron's Editorial

Very True, except the Rubino part :lol: :lol:

If you want to dispute what Cameron said in his editorial call him Monday. If you know about BP's complaint then you also know it were unfounded. Those of us in the CCSO know exactly who made it and why. They were bullcrap. If you want to attack him on something you're going to have to try another angle. Having been here as long as I have been and observing what has gone on in this election I know that everything Cameron stated was 100% true. I to think is he's an arrogant SOB, but I know he does his research. If has put it in writing then he has it in writing. It would not be wise to attack him on what he stated. He'll have the facts to back it up.

Well if BC has all of this incriminating evidence, why doesn't he just give it to the media so then everyone can be fully informed? Sounds like the rest of the crap postings on here about someone having the goods on someone else and it will all come out in time. Or all of the cover ups and how the truth is about to be disclosed. What's that saying about put up or shut up?

Ever wonder what happened to the Florida State Statue that says you can not use your political position to influence votes.?

Oh that's right he only follows the laws he likes.

As always my name

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Melo
    Ever wonder what happened to the Florida State Statue that says you can not use your political position to influence votes.?

As always my name

Jim
    You need to read the statute a little better. They shall not use their position for political gain. That's their own political gain. It has nothing to do with the political gain of others. Didn't ever hear of one about influencing votes. If that were the case then Sheriffs couldn't make endorsements. I know it pisses you off, but Cameron did not violate any laws. If you can find where he did with his editorial post it. We all know your comprehension of the law is a little deficient and we’d be happy to help you understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

As always my name

Jim
    You need to read the statute a little better. They shall not use their position for political gain. That's their own political gain. It has nothing to do with the political gain of others. Didn't ever hear of one about influencing votes. If that were the case then Sheriffs couldn't make endorsements. I know it pisses you off, but Cameron did not violate any laws. If you can find where he did with his editorial post it. We all know your comprehension of the law is a little deficient and we’d be happy to help you understand it.
    I must agree that you are correct when it comes to a "mere" endorsement of a candidate, which has been upheld by the court. As a matter of fact Pam Bondi has even published a legal opinion on such. However, the statements made by Cameron have exceeded a mere endorsement and he is now using his position to influence the voters of this fine county.

As always my name

Jim

[quote=Jim Melo]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Jim Melo":31v0qubq

As always my name

Jim
    I must agree that you are correct when it comes to a "mere" endorsement of a candidate, which has been upheld by the court. As a matter of fact Pam Bondi has even published a legal opinion on such. However, the statements made by Cameron have exceeded a mere endorsement and he is now using his position to influence the voters of this fine county.

As always my name

Jim[/quote:31v0qubq]
    Sounds like you’re calling for a ruling on whether he stepped over the line. Unless there is some vague case law out there it seems clear he didn’t. Other Sheriffs such as Mike Scott in Lee have done much, much more than Cameron has and has been in the clear. You can always lodge your complaint in the proper forum and see where it goes.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Jim Melo":1rauenql

As always my name

Jim

As always my name

Jim
    Sounds like you’re calling for a ruling on whether he stepped over the line. Unless there is some vague case law out there it seems clear he didn’t. Other Sheriffs such as Mike Scott in Lee have done much, much more than Cameron has and has been in the clear. You can always lodge your complaint in the proper forum and see where it goes.[/quote:1rauenql]

A little while back you were going to teach me the law and now you are acting like the rookie that you are. Sounds like nothing. I have presented a fact and you have counter it with crap. Again your game is finished. You are nothing, know nothing, therefore I will treat you as such. Go play with the rest of the rookies.

As always my name

Jim

You are nothing, know nothing, therefore I will treat you as such. Go play with the rest of the rookies.
    You love to spew venom. Most rebuttals to your posts are not strewn with the hatred you seem to come by so easily.

Do you really think you are helping EP's cause of becoming Sheriff when all who read these posts know you two are connected at the hip?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast