What does EP have to offer?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What does EP have to offer?

This is a serious question to anyone and everyone on this forum. I am guessing JM will be the first to respond but it is open to everyone.

Please, Please, Please...Explain to me how a candidate with a total of 8 years OTJ is capable of heading and this agency?

Does he believe the Sheriff is just a figurehead like the Queen of England? Where he just has to sit back and look good and the agency runs itself?

I believe the Sheriff needs to make important decisions on a daily basis and has to draw from his knowledge, education, and experience, to make those decisions.

EP may be a great person and great Trooper, but, this is a HUGE step from Trooper to Sheriff, no?

Re: What does EP have to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless
    This is a serious question to anyone and everyone on this forum. I am guessing JM will be the first to respond but it is open to everyone.

Please, Please, Please...Explain to me how a candidate with a total of 8 years OTJ is capable of heading and this agency?

Does he believe the Sheriff is just a figurehead like the Queen of England? Where he just has to sit back and look good and the agency runs itself?

I believe the Sheriff needs to make important decisions on a daily basis and has to draw from his knowledge, education, and experience, to make those decisions.

EP may be a great person and great Trooper, but, this is a HUGE step from Trooper to Sheriff, no?
    Yes YOU are clueless. Explain, Some people just have have what it takes. You have said that EP has no chance. I question you: WHY are you so worried :?: :lol:

This is the typical attitude from people who are so distant from the rest of the world. If you honestly think that just because Pope doesn't have 31 years of experience he couldn't possibly be a great Sheriff then my friend you are terrible mistaken. Do I really need to educate you on the list of Sheriff's from around the country that have had little to no LEO experience and have turned out to be great Sheriff’s? Wasn't Sheriff Scot just a Cpl. when he ran and now he is going for his third term? When people come out and say this it makes me wonder what kind of peep talk you give your kids, " No son you can't do this because I never had the balls to try", Wow now that's encouraging. Pope is exactly what this county needs and if he would only show his endorsements on his site you would really see the support he has both locally and nationally but he won’t because he doesn’t believe in favoritism. A man like Pope doesn't get awards and not get noticed nationally especially the one he had received in Florida which made him the second person ever to receive it in the entire state of Florida. Give credit where credit is due and stop the stone throwing because it just may come back and strike you right between the eyes. Vote Pope!!!!

That was pretty nice reading while I wastaking a crap, and I believed my Crap stunk less than that statement. No i'm sure my crap smalled less than that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    That was pretty nice reading while I wastaking a crap, and I believed my Crap stunk less than that statement. No i'm sure my crap smalled less than that statement.
    Keep sniffing stupid. Don't forget to wipe you ass.

As always my name

Jim

When people come out and say this it makes me wonder what kind of peep talk you give your kids, " No son you can't do this because I never had the balls to try", Wow now that's encouraging
    It's called reality...Or would you rather say to your kid, " Hey son, you do not need any experience to apply for that position. Because of the way it is set up any moron can submit his name and run."

What's worse, applying for a position that you are underqualified for and being the laughing stock, OR educating yourself, learning what the position entails and making sure you have the credentials to actually apply.

And by the way, you must be taking lessons from JM....Assuming I speak to my children that way. WRONG. My children and I did not grow up down here so they know what is attainable and what is needed in order to attain those golas....Guess you were born and raised down here where as long as you are married to a relative at least once removed it's okay.

GO FR, clean this place up off all the redneck, backwoods, country folk,. currently in this department.

I want to beat JM to this one. Der Der you are an idiot. Or should I say Dumb Ass. You made absolutely no sence. Go back where you came from and take FR with you.

Hey Dad, I want to be a surgeon. Okay son, don't worry about going to college just pick up that scalpel and learn as you go :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by He has a lot!

This is the typical attitude from people who are so distant from the rest of the world. If you honestly think that just because Pope doesn't have 31 years of experience he couldn't possibly be a great Sheriff then my friend you are terrible mistaken. Do I really need to educate you on the list of Sheriff's from around the country that have had little to no LEO experience and have turned out to be great Sheriff’s? Wasn't Sheriff Scot just a Cpl. when he ran and now he is going for his third term? When people come out and say this it makes me wonder what kind of peep talk you give your kids, " No son you can't do this because I never had the balls to try", Wow now that's encouraging. Pope is exactly what this county needs and if he would only show his endorsements on his site you would really see the support he has both locally and nationally but he won’t because he doesn’t believe in favoritism. A man like Pope doesn't get awards and not get noticed nationally especially the one he had received in Florida which made him the second person ever to receive it in the entire state of Florida. Give credit where credit is due and stop the stone throwing because it just may come back and strike you right between the eyes. Vote Pope!!!!
    That’s an interesting opinion you have. Using the Mike Scott comparison is probably not the best. You should research that a little more and find out why he was a corporal. Scott is also very educated. He has a Master’s in Business administration with a concentration on Public Administration. Oh, wait a minute that’s from Impac and I know how you guys feel about Impac. He’s also pretty hated by his people. As I said Scott was a bad example to give. I could give you examples as well of people who attained offices that they were clearly not qualified for and failed miserably.
    I have no problem with people trying to better themselves and striving towards goal, but you need to prepare yourself to ensure victory. It’s part of the process. Everybody should want to be successful in their endeavors. The people running for Sheriff should want this more than others. Pope has done a wonderful job in obtaining his personal goals and awards, but with a Sheriff it’s not just his success he needs to worry about. His success or failure will affect over 500 employees. I’ve invested a lot of my life into this agency. I don’t want to see it handed over to someone looking to stick another feather in their cap, or to someone that isn’t qualified to do the job. Pope has not prepared himself professionally for the office. He has spent his career going after personal trophies. He doesn’t have the practical administration experience or knowledge. He has already demonstrated with the raffle incident he doesn’t understand, didn’t read, or didn’t care about campaign law. What do you think he would do as Sheriff?

[quote=Stealth?]
    Quote Originally Posted by "He has a lot!":1m020ual

That’s an interesting opinion you have. Using the Mike Scott comparison is probably not the best. You should research that a little more and find out why he was a corporal. Scott is also very educated. He has a Master’s in Business administration with a concentration on Public Administration. Oh, wait a minute that’s from Impac and I know how you guys feel about Impac. He’s also pretty hated by his people. As I said Scott was a bad example to give. I could give you examples as well of people who attained offices that they were clearly not qualified for and failed miserably.
    I have no problem with people trying to better themselves and striving towards goal, but you need to prepare yourself to ensure victory. It’s part of the process. Everybody should want to be successful in their endeavors. The people running for Sheriff should want this more than others. Pope has done a wonderful job in obtaining his personal goals and awards, but with a Sheriff it’s not just his success he needs to worry about. His success or failure will affect over 500 employees. I’ve invested a lot of my life into this agency. I don’t want to see it handed over to someone looking to stick another feather in their cap, or to someone that isn’t qualified to do the job. Pope has not prepared himself professionally for the office. He has spent his career going after personal trophies. He doesn’t have the practical administration experience or knowledge. He has already demonstrated with the raffle incident he doesn’t understand, didn’t read, or didn’t care about campaign law. What do you think he would do as Sheriff?[/quote:1m020ual]

Again you have altered the facts. The so-called raffle ticket was exactly how the book that was given to EP stated it should be. The ticket did not state Raffle nor did it indicate a purchase price. Both required elements to be a raffle which is against the law. You should research before you open your mouth. The book EP was given also did not state no raffles like some would like you to believe. That came from a book on the state web site. No reason to even go to the state web site when you have a local office that is responsible to provide you with these items. So this poses the question why was he not provided the correct info when he registered. I ran for office and you must sign for these books and are told to follow them completely. Why do you think he was not arrested? There is much more that you do not know that I will not provide at this time. So until you have all the facts you ought to be quiet. You claim to be LEO and you should know this, RIGHT! Oh thats right you could not possibly know all the laws of the land now could you. You had no idea about this until it happened. As I stated on the other thread your credibility is gone.

As always my name

Jim

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast