rick scott, ceo of florida

rick scott, ceo of florida

I have seen where a number of "guests" come on this board and talk about how they believe scott is right about so many things. One of the things they write about is getting rid of the bureau of park police to save money. I can tell by their talking points that all their information comes from scott's speeches. For the record,

1. Scott's budget proposal did not call for the elimination of the Park Police, this is something that popped up in the Senate's budget and has since been removed.
    2. Scott's proposal does call for the elimination of 169 FWC officers and close to 2,000 corrections officers
    3. Scott wants every department and agency in the state of florida to either trim 15% off their budget except for one
    4. The one area Scott does not call for a reduction is the Governors office, he wants to add 90 positions and almost 400 million dollars to his budget making it almost 700 million dollars.
    5. He raised the salaries of the department heads he appointed to $140,000.00, almost $20,000.00 more than their predecessors.

Please get your facts straight.

Re: rick scott, ceo of florida

* Rick Scott terminated a contract with a Florida-based company that tracks criminal offenders, and went with one in Colorado. The Florida company will have to lay off 50% of its staff.

* The Colorado company was shortly thereafter (within a week) bought by the Geo Group, the second largest private prison corporation in the world.

* Geo Group gave Ricky $25,000 for the inaugural ball.

* A (or THE) "top-dog" at Geo Group is a close friend of Rick Scott. There are two bills to privatize a slew of state prisons in the southern region.

* Solantic has gone to his wife; drug-testing state employees via Solantic; deregulation of pill-mills like Solantic; cutting funding to the disabled to force them to use services provided by companies like Solantic...

I'm sure there's more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    * Rick Scott terminated a contract with a Florida-based company that tracks criminal offenders, and went with one in Colorado. The Florida company will have to lay off 50% of its staff.

* The Colorado company was shortly thereafter (within a week) bought by the Geo Group, the second largest private prison corporation in the world.

* A (or THE) "top-dog" at Geo Group is a close friend of Rick Scott. There are two bills to privatize a slew of state prisons in the southern region.

* Solantic has gone to his wife; drug-testing state employees via Solantic; deregulation of pill-mills like Solantic; cutting funding to the disabled to force them to use services provided by companies like Solantic...

Let me say that I think Scott is as rotten as the rest of you do, but he is in the process of selling his share of Solantic to a NY firm. Just FYI...

Let me say that I think Scott is as rotten as the rest of you do, but he is in the process of selling his share of Solantic to a NY firm. Just FYI...
    That's odd. It was just reported that while his wife initially had a smaller share of Solantic, she now has the majority stake. Why would someone purchase the majority stake only to turn around and sale their shares? It can't be to make a killing in the stock market, they haven't been awarded any contracts yet. It may be that your info is wrong.

That's odd. It was just reported that while his wife initially had a smaller share of Solantic, she now has the majority stake. Why would someone purchase the majority stake only to turn around and sale their shares? It can't be to make a killing in the stock market, they haven't been awarded any contracts yet. It may be that your info is wrong.
    If you mean the info that I got from BusinessWeek magazine's website, I seriously doubt it's wrong. Check your facts...

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financia ... K3NLO0.htm

If you mean the info that I got from BusinessWeek magazine's website, I seriously doubt it's wrong. Check your facts...

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financia ... K3NLO0.htm
    He says he has been looking for a buyer since November and that it is now valued at 62 million. You want to bet he is still going to benefit big time from this and the mandatory drug testing of employees and anyone that receives benefits from the state. My question is, if we are so badly in debt that we are eliminating police officers, corrections, teachers, etc, who is going to pay for the drug testing? If it is the state, where are they going to get the money? Are they going to fire some more people to come up with the extra cash? The other thing, Scott says he will veto any bill that doesn't have his 2 billion dollars in tax cuts for businesses. The house and senate have bills closing down agencies, laying off employees, contributions to the FRS, and more to make up for the 4 billion dollar deficit, where are they going to get the other 2 billion? They could layoff all of the state employees and it might cover the 2 billion.