Awards Ceremony

Thread: Awards Ceremony

Awards Ceremony

Congratulations to the 10 or 15 deputies who received awards yesterday for lifesaving. I cant think of a much higher honor than directly contributing to saving a life.

Re: Awards Ceremony

Nice to hear a positive comment about someone or a group. I'm tired of deputies trashing each other!

Whatever, they are giving out medals now like candy. If you are even around someone that is actually saving someones life, you get a medal. How can that many people legitimately be a part of saving a life. It surely don't take a dozen to save a life. Sad, sad, sad.

Maybe not, but if 10 people participate, and the person lives, how do you seperate out some and not the others? The fact is, they all did their part. Its called teamwork. Maybe you remember when you could do that. And an added point to give them a little more credibility was that the experience level of most of them was under a year or two. They were motivated enough to help somebody off duty. Kudos to them.

And I wouldnt say they are giving medals out like candy.10 people got a life saving medal and 2 got meritorious service medals. Even if you count the 10 letters of commendation, that is only about 22 people. The department is over 800 leo's and co's, so that is about 2% of the officers got awards this quarter. Figure about the same for the other 3 quarterly ceremonies, and that means about 10% of all the officers received an award through the year. Hardly handing them out like candy.

Again, good job to those involved. I'm proud to work with you guys.