My faith in PBA
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My faith in PBA

My faith in PBA

Well, I retrieved my mail the other day, and boy, I was so excited, that I knew I had to go sit on the can for a while and have a looksee. As I was flipping throught he pages of golf tournaments and rants and raves and legal notices, I saw a small ad.
    This ad read "THE PBA WELCOMES RETIRED LT> RICK KING TO OUR LEGAL TEAM". I sat speechless, my bowels stopped the good fight and I remembered a song that went a little sumpin like this......Hold up, wait a minute, don't go there cuz I ain't wit it......
    Isn't this the guy who ran loose with Dem Damn Dogs, and Raylo, and Suave, and Triple J? I heard that he was their promoter. WTF ever.
    IF YOU LAY WITH DEM DAMN DOGS, YOU GET FLEAS.
    Lord help me if this guy shows up on a critical incident that I'm involved in!! I am paying this guy with my dues? No thanks,,,,,,,,Pre-Paid Legal here I come!!! Holy Crap....this just furthers my distrust in the old Police ButtFukin Association.
    Why do you think that he retired? Hmmmm, was it heat from Chief Bush? Or was it to open his (Edited) nightclub on Old Okeechobee? Yeah, the "teen club" that (Edited), and hosted a few shootouts between gang members.....

Stay Safe......You don't want this guy showin up.....

PS MOD.......Yes this guy I speak of is a retired LT with another agency. There is no intended rumor in my post, it is well documented and had been on our local news....

Re: My faith in PBA

Oh, but "THAT'S HOW IT IS IN PALM BEACH COUNTY; ALWAYS HAS BEEN; ALWAYS WILL BE"!! I guess each and every one of us is just going to have to suck it up and just hand it on over to the EXISTING CONDITIONS with the PBA and MAHOGHANY ROW. Guess there is just nothing any of us can do. Poor us. Don't try to look at your wife or your kids in the face and see their gaze back into your eyes. Just keep on taking the BS and fake your happiness. These 20 to 30 years will go by and then we can retire and 'THAT'S HOW IT IS IN PALM BEACH COUNTY; ALWAYS HAS BEEN; ALWAYS WILL BE"
    Will we be able to tell our grandchildren that we stood for something? Will we make up stories of our careers? In this county and in the PBSO, we can be trail-blazing, history- making pioneers or we can remain suppressed and repressed and let the slime-scum fat boys get fatter as we do the work.

KAZ, What are you thinking?????????

Come on guys.....give us a break... he has an AWESOME GOLF HANDICAP ! ! ! !

This just goes to prove that Kaz is not running the PBA Ernie George still is.....Kaz has an ear piece when he is talking to the media with Ernie telling him what to say. Talk about a puppet all you need is a hand up your arse Kaz and you will be all set to take the show on the road.

I try to understand the thoughts of Kaz and Ernie, and I have to say, I am puzzled. The only reasonable explanation is that they are just seeing just how much crap they can get away with. Kaz reminds me of Sheriff Neuman, I can’t figure this guy out?

must be nice to be Kazman

This is what our district rep emailed me as part of the new contract. I guess this is very bad news for FTO's but very great news for Kazman.

ASSIGNMENT PAY

Section 1.
    Unit members who are certified as Field Training Officers (FTO’s) and assigned as an active FTO with an actual trainee will receive the following assignment pay calculated in accordance with current pay grade and step prorated for the time the FTO’s have trainee present:

First year............................ 5%
    Third year .............. additional 5%

Section 2.
    Non-supervisory bargaining unit members assigned to Palm Beach International Airport shall receive a five percent (5%) increase to their base salary.

Section 3.
    Unit members in the following specialty assignments shall receive five percent (5%) assignment pay calculated in accordance with current pay grade and step:

Assistant Public Information Officer
    Trainer
    Accident Investigator
    Agent
    Detective
    Investigator
    Motor
    K-9
    Marine Unit
    Bargaining Unit Members assigned to Internal Affairs
    Civil
    DUI
    Permit Office (It is understood and agreed that Permit Office personnel shall not work Permits)
    Aviation Unit

Section 4.
    The increases provided under this Article shall only be paid when the member is so assigned.

Section 5.
    Emergency Field Force members shall receive five (5%) above his/her base hourly pay for all hours worked, while activated by the Sheriff or designee and deployed for field force purposes. Bargaining unit members are not eligible for this supplement while training for field force purposes.

Section 6.
    Labor relations supervisor shall receive fifteen percent (15%) assignment pay calculated in accordance with current pay grade and step.

Section 7.
    The maximum amount of assignment pay any bargaining unit member may receive is fifteen percent (15%).

Please tell me the section that says the labor relations supervisor gets 15% assignment pay is a joke. And who is the labor relations supervisor, Kaz or PV. I attended the contract meeting and this section was never mentioned. If this is true I am stoppong my dues as soon as the contract is signed. He has some balls giving himself a 15% raise. Funny how you can't look at time cards anymore, because then you would be able to see how much PBSO OT he was putting in for too.

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE ! ! !! I thought the airport gets 5% because of no car anyway...........does this mean the get ANOTHER 5%???
    And who the heck is the Labor Relations Supervisor??????

Talking Advisory

^^^UPDATE^^^UPDATE^^^

MOD 582 Writes. Do not turn the discussions regarding the contract into a personal SLAMfest. Posting opinions and dissatisfaction towards union management practices or a union official's decision or actions are permitted. Post responsibly.

Let's be careful out there.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast