Information please

Information please

FL leo looking to make a move. How's the agency and the morale? I didn't dig deep into this website partly due to the negativity, but any information on your technology in the cruisers would be helpful. What are you issued for a duty weapon?

Important to me is the days off and how that works. I worked 4 days on with 3 days off and loved it. How do you all work it?

Thanks

Weapon- You purchase and carry any PBSO approved mfg. firearm. Most carry Glock .40's.
    Technology- We are JUST getting some "test" laptops in certain cruisers.
    Shifts- Depends on your assignment within agency.
    Morale- Just read for yourself! Take the time to read the posts and comments on here, and you should have a pretty good idea of what to expect. You've come to the right place!
    My advice: Look somewhere else...I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Weapon- You purchase and carry any PBSO approved mfg. firearm. Most carry Glock .40's.
    Technology- We are JUST getting some "test" laptops in certain cruisers.
    Shifts- Depends on your assignment within agency.
    Morale- Just read for yourself! Take the time to read the posts and comments on here, and you should have a pretty good idea of what to expect. You've come to the right place!
    My advice: Look somewhere else...I am.
    Jesus Christ. Go burry yourself. PBSO is the best place to work, I came from a city PD and this place rocks. Don't believe anything posted here by these cops. This is a great palce. So mods if you want to ban me do so, Im sick of the post by these wanna be cops.

Re: Information please

Quote Originally Posted by Guest25
    FL leo looking to make a move. How's the agency and the morale? I didn't dig deep into this website partly due to the negativity, but any information on your technology in the cruisers would be helpful. What are you issued for a duty weapon?

Important to me is the days off and how that works. I worked 4 days on with 3 days off and loved it. How do you all work it?

Thanks
    Read this and it will give you all the information you need. http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=25616

Do not listen to the other poster, this place is great. Do yourself a favor and browse all the LEOAFFAIRS forums and read the post from other agencies and you'll see it's all the same. This website was designed for disgruntled cops. In a big agency you're never going to please everyone. I also worked for three places prior to here, one out of state and two larger cities in Palm Beach County and this place is by far the best. The people who think the grass is going to be greener elsewhere will be disappointed. Take care and be safe.

i agree with the above post this place is for me. i have worked several other PD's and this one is different. I see people with smile on their faces. The good Sheriff likes his people and has given us major raises and equipment. There are plenty of different jobs here - find your nitch and make your money - you will be happy here and the Sheriff is a very FAIR man and a great boss...

Thanks, there are a lot people on these sites that are negative, but the job is what you make of it. Thanks for the information and I've heard other good things about the agency also. I submitted the preliminary application online yesterday. Any idea as to how quickly a FL certified officer typically hears something after that?

Thanks again and stay safe.

dont really know how long it will take you. Thee are alot of thing in play: budget cuts, new tax laws, reorganiztion w/in. Big Big agency they will always need replacements for persons retiring. Put in your application, continue to do the best at your job until PBSO calls. Good Luck..

Re: Information please

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.