IA Background - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IA Background

Re: IA Background

Are you talking about the original poster? How do you know if there is no name, and give details of why you think that? I certainly would like to know if this person was to ever be my 94.

I'm not sure why the original poster took the time to even start this thread. If he/she has not figured out on their own to gain employment with another LEA by now after earning a certificate in August of '08, then everything else in their LE career is going to be a HUGE mental challenge! The PBSO has had several stories in the PB Post & Sun-Sentinel (traditional print & internet) about the "hiring freeze" concerning new hires, etc. it's amazing that some of these people are able to wake up on their own in the morning!

We just hired some LE deputies last week.....

Funny, I have an appointment to finalize my background investigation next week!?!

Glad to hear that some new blood is coming on. There never really was a freeze, I guess it was more like a "Slow-Down".

So has anyone found out who the guy in Dist 3 is who lied on his application?

This could mean an openning for someone who actually passed the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Good News
    Glad to hear that some new blood is coming on. There never really was a freeze, I guess it was more like a "Slow-Down".

So has anyone found out who the guy in Dist 3 is who lied on his application?

This could mean an openning for someone who actually passed the background?

It was you, didn't you get your letter from IA yet?

It’s a little different when someone lies on an application. They usually call you in, conduct a quick interview, and then start the separation paperwork. Some people just don’t appreciate the position they hold and the people who helped get them there. They’ll say anything to get the job and start *****ing after the third wash is on the uniforms.
    The funny thing is they usually do it to themselves. Then once the ball starts rolling, it’s too late, no way to stop it. And for what? Something so stupid and petit. It’s always the ones with the most skeletons in their closets who trip over their D%*k and then they want to blame everyone else.
    Heed the warning; this is no time to be looking for a job. There are all sorts of things that can trip a Deputy up; extra marital affairs or flirting (wife finds out, there goes the house), lying on an application, dishonest banking practices, Tax evading (this is a big one with the back taxes on extra income along with the penalties and interest).
    It’s always better to play it straight, stay out of trouble and keep collecting that paycheck. After all, this is a pretty cool job we have; there are worse ways to make a living.

Diesel you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on the ins and outs of PBSO. Any idea when they are going to be posting the LE Deputy position again? I am Fl certified with over 10 yrs on the job and was hoping to join PBSO. I did a ride along a while back and was very impressed, you guys are top notch!

Thanks and stay safe

Get your foot in the door and join the reserves. Once you press the flesh and people get to konw you, the rest is cake. There are still some people being hired but you need to be recognized and stand out from the crowd. This agency is awesome and I woudn't trade it for any other agency. The people I work with are TOP NOTCH the the Sheriff looks out for us. He's always the first one to get on the TV and compliment us. He gives us all the credit and takes very little for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Get your foot in the door and join the reserves. Once you press the flesh and people get to konw you, the rest is cake. There are still some people being hired but you need to be recognized and stand out from the crowd. This agency is awesome and I woudn't trade it for any other agency. The people I work with are TOP NOTCH the the Sheriff looks out for us. He's always the first one to get on the TV and compliment us. He gives us all the credit and takes very little for himself.
    We do have it good!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast