IA Background - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IA Background

Re: IA Background

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I checked on your file. They make everyone sign those. We have a hiring freeze, so the best bet is to find a place to earn money and experience until a position opens up.
    Checked his file? How do you even know who it is? WTH?

There is a hiring freeze at the moment, actually it’s more of an extreme slowdown. IA is being more careful with new hires. They recently found out that a Deputy in the north end lied on his application about a job he was fired from because he threatened his supervisor and insinuated he was going to come back and shoot up the place. Some of these things are easily missed sometimes especially when the applicant is fired from a county motor pool and people are transferred monthly and record keeping is very poor. But they are aware of it now and are putting procedures in place to fix the problem. Sometimes applicants slip through the cracks and all it takes is for one person to drop a dime and the wheels start spinning. Of course this is kind of embarrassing, probably wouldn’t happen if Sworn LEO’s were doing the background checks. A criminal history check or a PALMS readout doesn’t always tell the whole story. Now they are starting to personally question previous employers instead of sending out the “Lazy Form Letter”.
    If you qualify and hang in there, you will be hired. There are always people being promoted, fired or retiring. This is a great agency and you will have a great time working here. Don’t worry about some of the stuff you read on this board, most of it deals with just a few Turds. We have great people at this agency, the kind you can depend on and trust.

[size=7][color=#008000]I really cant figur on why it is taking so long to get you processed. I have been told the agency picks up a hot body after a cold fish leaves the agency for one reason or another. We should have an opening or two right now. Shouldnt we boys. It is not like IA is really doing any internal investigations lets say of a certain LT. in the agency. I mean they should be all over inprocessin sumbody goddummit, it'd give them sumthin to do. Hahahahahaha

Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane

"I take it very personal when one of my own screws up"

Paula Kronsberger
    Lieutenant
    Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
    (for the time being)

Does anyone know if other large, well respected agencies both in FL and across the country use civilians to do their certified background checks?

I have no clue, maybe someone else can answer this. The people doing the Back Ground Checks are good people but there is no real investigative history. A seasoned LEO can read between the lines and sniff out the hidden stuff.
    Once again, PBSO is worth the wait.

That also goes to show that the poly is a load of crap. How did this deputy pass his poly if he LIED on his application? One of the questions on the polygraph is "Did you lie on your application". A machine can't replace a good BI. Are civilians doing backgrounds now? When my background was done I think the BI was a certified deputy.

Unfortunately, non-sworn personnel are doing the employment backgrounds for the agency. Nice group of people, they just need some LEO experience to be more thorough. Polygraphs are basically useless, the only reason they’re still in use is as a last chance “Catch All”, kind of like that strainer in your Grandmothers kitchen sink.
    The one good thing is that lying on the application is immediate termination! Maybe moving the lying Turd out of District 3 will make room for the guy who started this thread.

I think Gina Saturno who used to be in HR is doing backgrounds now. Gina is a great person, I have much respect for her!

As I said, the non-sworn completing the back ground checks are good people, they just need to dig a little deeper when putting together an application file. I have a lot of respect for all of them and would never want my comments to be viewed as an insult.

Has anyone figured out who this guy is? I’ll give you a hint.

If he’s your backup and you’re behind a fence, fight for your life because you’re on your own.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast