Cost cutting survey - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Cost cutting survey

Actually the JAM units do make a lot of arrests. They have access to juvenile warrants and other arrestable information such as VOP that the rest of us are not able to obtain, so they do play a valid function. In Dist 1, the JAM guys are arresting juveniles on a daily basis. Siew

Actually the JAM units do make a lot of arrests. They have access to juvenile warrants and other arrestable information such as VOP that the rest of us are not able to obtain, so they do play a valid function. In Dist 1, the JAM guys are arresting juveniles on a daily basis. Siew
    Well, that's wonderful. Maybe they should work for Probation/Parole?

I think the issue the Sheriff needs to clue in on IMHO is the multiplication of jobs that ARE BEING DONE BY OTHER AGENCIES.

Why aren't the Probation personnel making these arrests first? Fire them, get new ones.

I think a lot of these "Nice" programs can still exists as long as they pay their way.

You want 2,000+ volunteers? Make them get donations for their uniforms/cars/insurance.

Business sense is needed here, not one of our Command Staff has a clue on how to run a business...

Probably why OBAMA is killing our economy too...

Hey Siew.........If you paid attention to your e-mail messages that were sent out through the district, you would know that the warrants list is sent out each month to everyone. That information comes right from the JAM Unit and is sent to the districts to prevent the whining that you are doing here when you say that you don't have access to the information they have. I've got my guys following up on the information that comes out.

"Business sense is needed here, not one of our Command Staff has a clue on how to run a business..."

WE PAINTING WITH A BROAD STROKE OF THE BRUSH HERE? ITS MORE THAN APPARENT THAT ONE DOES NOT HAVE ANY CONFIDENCE IN YOUR COMMAND STAFF WHEN COMMENTS LIKE THIS. IF THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM, WHAT IS BEING DONE TO FIX IT? WITH ALL OF THE BUSINESS EXPERTISE THAT WE HAVE AMONG OUR EXECUTIVE STAFF, ONE WOULD THINK THAT THE FIX IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. I QUESTION WHETHER 101 PLACED THESE COMMENTS HERE. HE WAS HERE WHEN SHERIFF NEUMANN DID NOT THINK BEFORE SPEAKING SO I AM SURE THAT HE WOULD NOT HAVE MISSED THAT OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN A VERY IMPORTANT LESSON.

one big one would be to take all the take homes cars away from the non-sworn ...what a big waste of money...if someone did their homework the $$$$$$$$$$could put alot more deputies on the road.

how about the court sercurity unit all have a car to drive to and from work but do nothing with it durring their shift but take up a pay parking place in the city. I bet they make 10 arrest a moth if they are lucky. What a joke. The courtroom deputies make more arrest the that whole unit does.

I don’t think we need to dissolve any real specialty units, just cut back on some of the luxuries. One person brought up a good point, the take-home car program has gotten out of control. The Double Dippers should be asked to leave or discontinue receiving retirement benefits, it’s actually considered illegal and is being dealt with in Tallahassee as we write. We need to look at cutting back on the FTO’s, there are so many of them that don’t actually train anyone. One cost cutting idea would have been the idea NOT to purchase everyone a Glock and a new holster to go with it. The firearms we were carrying were working just fine, lots of good shoots, no one ever ran out of cartridges and everyone was happy with their best friend riding on their hip.
    Let’s face it, we do need better ballistic armor, we need to get our act together with the computer system and get the RMS System up and running (which would actually save money), we need to keep the new patrol vehicle coming in (this is not only cost effective but a safety issue), and we need to use hybrids for non patrol vehicles or vehicle that do not have emergency equipment installed.
    Cutting LEO positions is not an option, cutting investigative positions is not an option, cutting jail personnel is not an option.

Ill agree with an earlier poster that the mounted unit is a antiquated unit with astronomical costs. Those horses, vet bills, feed, stables, maintenance, Dually pickup trucks, and horse trailers arent cheap!!!! all so they could show off a handful of times a year? When was the last time actual law enforcement work was done on a horse that couldnt be done on a bicycle or 4 wheeler? 1902?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I would recommend they do away with the COP program. They have purchased 25 to 30 new cars in the last 3 years. Plus the up keep of these vehicles....tires, batteries, fuel, tune ups etc. also added are uniforms and luncheons, which I hear are every month. Not to mention the two civilians that work in the Volunteer program. I hear they pull in around $55k each. waste waste waste
    I agree the Volunteer program / COP needs to go...... holy cow new cars, uniforms, up keep on vehicles and luncheons..... I was informed by one of the deputies that their luncheons cost $3,000 per month. That's like $36,000 a year. plus the old man civilian making $60k

Just one more example of the taking care of his own at a huge cost to the rest of us and the public. AG - FBI - Ethics Comm. - PBA (lol) - and all newspapers like the other person wrote regarding this same crap. Man, once all the stink and filth washed away how fresh and clean and anew we would feel.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast