Pardon my bluntness, but who cares. You think the reserves work too much off duty, OK. You think they hog jobs, OK. You think the systems not fair, your right. You think someone should post the Extra Duty Reports on the website. If it’s that important go down and get them yourself. Somehow I don’t think it would stop people from coming on here and complaining about something. I’m quite sure the the Chief, the Asst. Chief’s, and the Majors have already look at those reports. I’m quite sure if they saw a problem they would do something. I know that the report would show that the reserve side doesn’t work as much of the extra duty as a few would lead you to believe, but it isn’t really my concern to validate your option. Look I’m not sure if you’re aware, but in my tenure here, I’ve realized the city could care less about the way you or I feel about a subject. My advice to you if you feel that strongly about this. When you see a reserve officer, act like the childish and whining person you are when you come on this site, don’t give them the time of day, and don’t say hi. Treat them like second class citizens. You won’t be the first and you won’t be the last. In some cases it’s the same way you treat each other, why would I expect it to be any different for us. I promise not to let it hurt my feelings or lose sleep over what you feel your owed or entitled to. The Reserves don’t make the rules. Most of us just try to go out and do the best we can for this department and we have the respect of the officers we work with. I cannot consume my time with worrying about making everyone happy and the things that happen outside my sphere of control. Are there abuses in the system, yes and they happen on both sides. Welcome to government. It’s been noted, now let’s move on. You agree not to like the reserves and we agree not to care. Unless the powers to be decide on changing it, there isn’t much complaining about will do. Just add it to the list.Guest412
Thanks Mike, I'm glad u to a break from a$$ kissing to write that post.