racial wrongness - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: racial wrongness

Quote Originally Posted by fed up
    I just found out how a [edited by Mod 11] Lt has been harassing a black deputy about his gold tooth, now if that is not a racial profile I dont know what is. This department wonders why so many good officers leave for better departments. Its time to go and this is from a white officer.

Please explain how enforcing uniform appearance standards is racial profiling?

First, that is a bonded cap he has and he was hired with it. If they want it removed, they should pay to have it removed and replaced with a white cap. Meanwhile, there are a few females who look a bit saggy. While they are at it, they should send those females over to Dr. E. in Hudson and have some upper-front end work done on them too since appearances mean more than ability to do the job does.

how about those who where sent to the east side because they speak spanish. racial wrongness??????

Quote Originally Posted by cracker
    how about those who where sent to the east side because they speak spanish. racial wrongness??????
    Ahh so very true especially if they do not want to be assigned to the east side and live on the west side.

I just found out how a [edited by Mod 11] Lt has been harassing a black deputy about his gold tooth, now if that is not a racial profile I dont know what is. This department wonders why so many good officers leave for better departments. Its time to go and this is from a white officer.

"At what point do those with brown hair start to worry because the perception that blond hair and blue eyes are what is desired of a pasco deputy? I think the time to become concerned is now!"

Are you kidding me???? Is that "Guest" actually comparing a concern about a deputies appearance to Hitler's "Master Race" plan????? It's a gold tooth and it looks UNPROFESSIONAL, plain and simple. I didn't hear anyone complaining about "work ethic", just appearance. I don't care if it's a gold tooth, "girlfriend's" weave or Billy Bob's bulged out "dip lip", it's all unprofessional and we need to take pride in our appearance.

I've had the occasion to work with Spell from time to time. He knows the job, and is effective on the street. He get's results, and his presence is welcome on hot calls. His knowledge should be used in the gang unit, or in vice. His gold tooth is not a big deal if you really think about.

Considering this agency does not enforce all of its policies and only cherry picks them I am sure this will all blow over or he will end up with a bit of cash in his pocket, there are to many examples of non enforcement of appearance for them to continue.

You should really proof read before posting.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Policies are a general guideline, after all, if there was a policy or general order for every event, instance or behavior, the volumes would be endless. Most of what we do is common sense, and a gold cap on a tooth is a poor choice. Technically, there is nothing the agency can do about it because it is a personal dental issue, similar to the choice between silver or porcelain fillings. Personal appearance is important, it’s no different than the throngs of Deputies who refuse to iron their uniform. Or the Deputies who weigh more than the contents of their trunks. Or the Deputies who don’t believe that bathing is necessary as a daily activity.
    The fact is that we don’t live in a perfect world and perception is reality. A gold tooth may work on the road but not in a court room. Sometimes we need to look at our appearance and behavior from the eyes of the public and the people sitting in a jury box who will be deciding the innocence or guilt of a person arrested by the Deputy with the Gold Tooth, or the wrinkled uniform.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast