Deputy Arrested

Thread: Deputy Arrested

Deputy Arrested

WEST PALM BEACH - A Palm Beach County sheriff's deputy stole almost $200,000 from an ATM at a friend's convenience store and then laundered the money through a construction company, city police said.

Aaron T. Strong, 36, of West Palm Beach, who patrolled the streets of Belle Glade for the Sheriff's Office, also took pains to skirt state reporting requirements while making deposits and lied about his monthly salary — listing it as twice the actual amount — on mortgage applications, according to an arrest affidavit signed in August by West Palm Beach police Detective Thomas J. McCauley.

Strong, who started at the Sheriff's Office as a reserve deputy in September 2001, was arrested Wednesday on charges of grand theft, mortgage fraud, structuring transactions to evade reporting requirements and money laundering.

He was booked into the county jail Wednesday afternoon and released about two hours later after posting $32,000 bond.

Related links
    South Florida Crime and Safety: News, tips and more The deputy was placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of his case, said Teri Barbera, Sheriff's Office spokeswoman.

McCauley's investigation into Strong began in March 2007, when Eric Schreiber, co-owner of a Texaco filling station on Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard, reported $196,910 missing from his cash machine, to which Strong had the only access.

Schreiber told McCauley he had hired Strong, a longtime friend, to manage the ATM in 2005.

A review of Strong's bank accounts revealed $101,935.60 was deposited into them during the period when money was being stolen from the Texaco, McCauley wrote.

Additionally, the detective discovered that, in a handful of mortgage applications, Strong misrepresented himself and listed his monthly salary as $13,885 when it was actually $7,025, the affidavit stated.

Strong also invested $50,000 of the pilfered money in Capex Construction and Development Company in Palm Beach Gardens and then cashed out his investment eight months later for a total of $55,951, the affidavit stated.

Strong, who became a full-time deputy in March 2002, was married to a financial analyst before divorcing in 2006, personnel and county records show.

During his six years at the Sheriff's Office, Strong received 14 letters of commendation, including a 2004 write-up from a detective who praised his attention to detail in making reports that ultimately led to the arrest of a burglar.

He also received a reprimand and a weeklong suspension in 2004 after an internal investigation found he drove his patrol car carelessly, causing a crash, records show.

Strong, who is listed in county records as owning four properties, also "has a child with severe medical problems," Schreiber told the detective.

He recounted an instance in 2005 in which Strong's son underwent "major surgery" at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, where the bills were covered by Strong's government insurance plan, minus co-pays.

Re: Deputy Arrested

Davie cop was in the sun sentinel for having oral with a girl. he got arrested. chekc out their site

I wonder if you were as quick to defend the Seven Deputies in Corrections when they were arrested? I find it amazing that Law Enforcement Officers are so quick to defend only Law Enforcement! When it comes to defending Corrections Deputies, they are all scum.... Yeah, what ever happened to INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY? Oh, I know, They are guilty because uncle Ric said so.... Maybe some of you cronies should check into his background and past practices.... I know that this post might sound as if I am bashing all Law Enforcement. Well let me clarify it for the idiots out there. I am not!!!! I know as well as most that there are some fine Officers in both Corrections and Law Enforcement, but I can not help to point out the fact that everytime something is posted reference a Corrections Officer, Law Enforecement Officers are quick to make a negative statement. I can personally state that I have seen numerous Law Enforcement Officers arrested for a variety of reasons, etc... Domestic Battery, Burglary, Strong Arm Robbery, Grand Theft.... And I can tell you that they were given the utmost respect and treatment within our county facility.... Something that I'm sure would not happen to anyone in corrections if Law Enforcement had its way. That's why it is called Probable Cause and not Definite Guilt!!!!!

Hey "brother", I would stick up for the corrections deputies more if I didn't have to walk in to the sally port when time and time again the gang banger, or drug dealer I just arrested starts saying "what up dawg?" to the corrections officers standing there, and what do the corrections deputies do? Answer right back "what up dawg, how you momma?" or some other greeting. Or how about when there are female corrections officers working, and they are too busy on the computer looking at the internet to accept my paperwork and type the arrestee in to the computer, or too busy to come out of the room because they are talking about the date they had the night before. The best is when they start flirting with the arestee, asking him what his tatoos mean, or if he is married or has any kids or whatever. Respect is earned my friend. Not all corrections deputies are like this, but they sure have a bunch of them working the sally port at the main jail.

Quote Originally Posted by LEOroad
    Hey "brother", I would stick up for the corrections deputies more if I didn't have to walk in to the sally port when time and time again the gang banger, or drug dealer I just arrested starts saying "what up dawg?" to the corrections officers standing there, and what do the corrections deputies do? Answer right back "what up dawg, how you momma?" or some other greeting. Or how about when there are female corrections officers working, and they are too busy on the computer looking at the internet to accept my paperwork and type the arrestee in to the computer, or too busy to come out of the room because they are talking about the date they had the night before. The best is when they start flirting with the arestee, asking him what his tatoos mean, or if he is married or has any kids or whatever. Respect is earned my friend. Not all corrections deputies are like this, but they sure have a bunch of them working the sally port at the main jail.
    "Well Brother". Maybe you should pay attention a little more, and think about why a deputy would be asking your arrestee what his tattoo means.... As you should well know, there are a lot of gang members on the streets, and a lot of Officers including yourself bring them to the county jail. Those officers in intake are tasked with documenting any tattoo's they may have, and to try and find out if the tattoo has any specific meaning. It is alot easier to get this information when you try to build a rapport with them, than if you just said," Hey, scumbag, whats that tattoo mean on your arm?" You seam to think that the officers in intake ask these arrestees/ inmates to come to their house for dinner. Now, as far as the officers BS/ing on the computer when your are there with your paperwork, I could not agree with you more! Just don't judge us all by the actions of a few!!! :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by LEOroad
    So true my friend.. so true. But at the same time you must admit most LEO'S condemn and pre judge those jailers. Since I have been here some 15 years I have witnessed LEO'S arreseted from PBSO for such things like: Sexual battery, DUI, numerous domestics, grand theft and and so on... And all found guilty.My point is everyone makes mistakes or uses horrible judgement. But like the poster you are answering to say's we defend a leo much quicker than a CORR. Deputy. It is innocent until proven guilty.

Holy Crap………………..Enough!
    Who gives a crap? It sucks when one of our own is arrested but it’s a reality of life. Innocent until guilty, once guilty, good bye.

AS isn’t the last one that will be arrested. I know him and have always liked the guy, but if he did it, CHOW! I don’t hold with criminals.