Tobacco Policy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tobacco Policy

Re: Tobacco Policy

It's a spit fest up in VCD. Guess the tobacco policy doesn't apply up there. I guess a surprise inspection would nab the offender's. Anyway I believe its acounty ordinance or something that banned the tobacco, and what about the discarded butts all over the ground around the building? I say ban the garbage for the entire property. Can't wait for one of the higher up's to acidentally pick up a spit cup in VCD and take that sip.

Some people just have no respect. And all you have to do is go to the web and you can download pic's of tobacco cancer that will really make you think. Go ahead and put that poison in your mouth for 20 years and see what happens. All that retirement you worked for is gonna be spent by your wife's new hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It's a spit fest up in VCD. Guess the tobacco policy doesn't apply up there. I guess a surprise inspection would nab the offender's. Anyway I believe its acounty ordinance or something that banned the tobacco, and what about the discarded butts all over the ground around the building? I say ban the garbage for the entire property. Can't wait for one of the higher up's to acidentally pick up a spit cup in VCD and take that sip.

Some people just have no respect. And all you have to do is go to the web and you can download pic's of tobacco cancer that will really make you think. Go ahead and put that poison in your mouth for 20 years and see what happens. All that retirement you worked for is gonna be spent by your wife's new hubby.
    What are we, 2 years old? Who just walks up and drinks from cups they find laying around?

I guess we should hide all the paper clips too. Someone might try to stick one in an outlet. Take their scissors away while you’re at it.

Trying to Quit.

I went and got a prescription for a new medication called Chantix. It has no nicotine in it and it's supposed to work by somehow killing the nicotine receptors in the brain. I've tried the gum and the patches, but the problem is those still give you the nicotine. I went to the pharmacy, really excited about finally quitting this nasty habit and guess what?

Our wonderful Cigna refused to cover it!!! For a 3 month supply (Recommended time to work for you) costs $360. Now why in the heck wouldn't Cigna jump at the chance to help their members become healthier? Wouldn't you think it would be to their advantage too? Less smokers, less smoker related medical costs.

:?

VCD is “Spit-Cup Central”, mostly because the supervisors chew so they don’t enforce the rules. It is nastier than sitting across from someone picking their nose. I never took up the habit, but I do understand everyone’s individual rights to do what they want. The real issue is that some things need to be left at home.

If you chew, please don’t push it on the rest of us. Don’t sit across from us spitting every 5 seconds into a cup and then letting it dribble down your lip, its gross. It comes down to personal responsibility and respect for co-workers. We shouldn’t have to rely on supervisors to enforce the rule, we should do the right thing.

How can any tobacco use in the building be allowed? These people act like they are above policy and act like they are untouchable. Just walk in and you can hear the spitting, see the cups and spit bottles on the desk and no one does nothing about this! I guess policy is selective or some just lack self-discipline to follow the rules. May be they have been behind the desk too long. This is probaobly the most disgusting habit after littering cigarette butts all over the gound around the park style benches near the parking lots. I am all for banning any and all tobacco anywhere on the property and if some one gets caught smoking or dipping in their issued vehicle, they should be disciplined. The policies and GO's have been established to maintain order and discipline, but it is ashame and embarassing that nothing is done on this issue of dipping and littering smokers. Ban it all ASAP, plus these tobacco users should also pay more insurance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12