City may offer officers deals to live in Windemere - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: City may offer officers deals to live in Windemere

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Makey
    Thank you for taking the time to respond and like you I have a respect for the person writing the response to my post.

To all of the officers reading this please take note of a few things:

We have to stop this public bashing of each other for a few reasons. First and foremost it is simply destructive to the profession we chose to work. Look what others see and say about us. You might not like what this person had to say but it is the truth. We are sick for saying the things we do about the recruiter, newly promoted Supervisors and DB Selections. We are wrong in so many ways and the sad thing is … it stems from one or two people.

Do I like all of the choices made on a daily basis in the PD? No, I do not and sometimes it makes me wonder to the whys but the bottom line is I am a police officer and I have a job to do, a family to support and a pay check to earn. If and when something happens I do not like (a real deal breaker) I have the choice to pack up my crap and move on. Life does go on outside of the Lauderhill Police Department.

The Lauderhill Police Department is run by a City Government/Strong City Manager and a selected group of police administrators. They were entrusted to do the right thing and the responsibility falls completely on them. This is the ship they sail and it is there’s to sink or to float across the world. Either way it is none of my business as long as I am not asked to compromise my personal and professional beliefs and ethics. With that said, I believe that positive changes are occurring and the ships direction is right on course. I don’t like every move made in the PD but folks it is a whole lot better then it was a year ago.

We need to stop the public lynching of fellow officer and administrators on this forum immediately. We need to grow a big set of testicles and cowboy the fuc up while at work. The bottom line is police officers are needed throughout Florida and the rest of the United States. We are one of the most sought after professions next to nurses and leaving a job you are miserable at and moving to another agency is not a bad thing. Nothing is worse then to hate your job and the people you work with.

Nothing keeps you few disgruntled officers at Lauderhill. This is not the military where you have a contract to fulfill or you’re being held hostage. If you really hate the people at work as much as you write in this forum pack your crap and go! Your spot will be replaced that is life and that is business.

Take your time to be positive and make some good changes. Spend time with your family and friends and laugh about life. Stay away from the negatives and leave this job at the gate when you drive home from work. This profession can consume you, take away from your family and cause so many hardships. It is a job and a way to pay the bills it is not a replacement for a life! Stop worrying who moved up the ladder or who fell off of it … as bad as that may sound … be that persons friend and show support for the right reason … they are a friend.
    Hey Vic,

Good to hear from you again.. as alwyas, great points. I do not agree with one things though. This job, unlike many others, is a way of life. You cannot separtae it completely when you leave the gate, altough I try.

I do believe that the brotherhood is important. You're right, we never going to like all 125 Officers and adminstrators, but we have to and I repeat, HAVE TO! respect them. If you feel an officer needs help, don't bash him/her, help them in the area you feel he needs help/ That can be done without patronizing. If someone does not want your help, it least you know you tried (and more importantly, whether they admit that or not, they'll see the gesture).

Remeber, even the one you think is a "bad" cop is wearing a badge; more important then that, the bad guys do not distinguish between us - man, woman, black, white, yellow or whatever - all they see is BLUE!

Re: City may offer officers deals to live in Windemere

The truth of the matter is the government gets to make up the rules but they never have to actually follow them. What is the difference you ask, between the city and a private business owner wanting the property they own to be free from crime? The answer is simple, there is no difference. An officer accepting a free apartment from the city or a free soda from a business owner; at the end of the day it is all gratuities.
    There is however; one major difference between the two and that difference is also simple, the city makes the rules, period end of discussion. When the rules say it’s ok to accept a free apartment, then it must be ok. Make no mistake about it weather an officer accepts the free apartment or not the City is going to mandate that officers be on this property at all times. Is this fair to a business who can not afford the same luxury? The city is willing to accomplish this by any means necessary; even if it means depleting those officers from the rest of the city. Somehow, this just doesn’t seem fair to the other residents, but I guess making the rules has its advantages.
    The last thing I want to add is this; most police officers in Lauderhill are good people, who truly want to make a difference and the rest are just like the criminals we arrest every day; even though it just a small percentage of those officers it makes it bad for everyone else. With that said, maybe you should think of police officers the way I think of defense attorneys. It’s a dirty job, someone has to do it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345