Where Is The Shortage?

Where Is The Shortage?

I live in Miami Beach.

I hear/read everyone talking about how many Troopers are leaving FHP for better paying departments and that the department is short statewide.

However, when I travel the main highways in Dade County every morning and evening I see a good amount FHP working crashes and doing enforcement, especially NB 95 from the 395 to the Golden Glades. Some evenings there are around 5 Troopers NB alone working HOV enforcement.

Recently I was on the Turnpike SB by Snapper Creek Plaza and saw 3 Troopers on stops and at least 4 others waiting for their turn (maybe aircraft detail??).

And then just three days ago while driving to Naples I saw 7, yes 7, Troopers on Alligator Alley doing enforcement in the WB/NB lanes before the Toll Plaza.

So where is the shortage everyone is talking about??? Is it in the Northern part of the state, Tampa, Orlando?

I see you guys, and I see you a lot.

Re: Where Is The Shortage?

is this a joke??

Naples District is fully staffed.

:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:
    :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:

Those troopers are you seeing are most likely the only troopers for the entire county or multi county area. Whenever you see more than a few troopers in one spot it is most likely a detail. That spot you saw saturated with units was most likely an airplane detail. I can promise there wasnt another trooper within 30 miles of that spot during that time.

They are probobly workin overtime buddy. Gives the illusion that there are twice as may as there really are. :wink:

Arrow Re: Where Is The Shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Those troopers are you seeing are most likely the only troopers for the entire county or multi county area. Whenever you see more than a few troopers in one spot it is most likely a detail. That spot you saw saturated with units was most likely an airplane detail. I can promise there wasnt another trooper within 30 miles of that spot during that time.

FHP LUFTWAFFE detail!

Question Re: Where Is The Shortage?

you dont have any working fort myers.... it is always FHP unavailable

I live in Miami Beach.

I hear/read everyone talking about how many Troopers are leaving FHP for better paying departments and that the department is short statewide.

However, when I travel the main highways in Dade County every morning and evening I see a good amount FHP working crashes and doing enforcement, especially NB 95 from the 395 to the Golden Glades. Some evenings there are around 5 Troopers NB alone working HOV enforcement.

Recently I was on the Turnpike SB by Snapper Creek Plaza and saw 3 Troopers on stops and at least 4 others waiting for their turn (maybe aircraft detail??).

And then just three days ago while driving to Naples I saw 7, yes 7, Troopers on Alligator Alley doing enforcement in the WB/NB lanes before the Toll Plaza.
    "QUE VIVA LADY COP"
    So where is the shortage everyone is talking about??? Is it in the Northern part of the state, Tampa, Orlando?

I live in Miami Beach.

I KNOW THAT SOMETIMES YOU MIGHT SEE A BUNCH OF US, BUT WHAT YOU DO NOT REALIZE IS THAT NOT ALL THE UNITS YOU SEE ARE ON REGULAR SHIFT. MOST OF US WORK SOME SORT OF OFF DUTY OR HIREBACK TO FEED THE FAMILY. THIS ENTIRE MONTH MY SQUAD HAS HAD TWO TROOPERS TO COVER 2 COUNITES WITH OVER A MILLION PEOPLE IN THOSE COUNTIES.

[
    I KNOW THAT SOMETIMES YOU MIGHT SEE A BUNCH OF US, BUT WHAT YOU DO NOT REALIZE IS THAT NOT ALL THE UNITS YOU SEE ARE ON REGULAR SHIFT. MOST OF US WORK SOME SORT OF OFF DUTY OR HIREBACK TO FEED THE FAMILY. THIS ENTIRE MONTH MY SQUAD HAS HAD TWO TROOPERS TO COVER 2 COUNITES WITH OVER A MILLION PEOPLE IN THOSE COUNTIES.[/quote]
    "AMEN" you have Sgt Unavailable because they are all at a restaurant eating and then you go to the interstate and you have 11 working 208. It seems like there are a bunch but they are all off shift.