Guns
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns

Guns

Is is necessary for an officer to carry a Colt AR-15?

Yes, because 50 cal.'s aren't authorized.

Yes

The kids in St. Pete have AK-47's at age 15 and up. There are car jackings left and right. The officers are understaffed on purpose so there is limited pro active policework available. They only have time and resources to RESPOND to those that call instead of being able to be pro active. This causes a severe officer safety issue. Handguns can't help cops all the time.

It is absolutely necessary for everyone to own an ar-15. It would be nice if the city would front the money and allow you to pay them back through payroll deduct. Alot of us at the department would love to have one but since we have responsibilities such as taking care of our families we don't have $1000+ to throw down for a rifle. There are quite a few departments who do this and some even issue them. There will come a day when all hell is going to break out in this city and you are going to wish you had one.

Any of these kids caught with an AK47 should be in jail for life. What the hell is this, Medellin? Absolutely surreal.

To tell the truth its not necessary to carry a colt ar-15. You could go with armalite or rock river arms or DPMS. I actually thinking about getting the DPMS LR-308 for more knock down power. I'd much rather have a 150gr bullet than a 55gr.

We can't carry a .308. Besides, the writer asked if it was necessary, not mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    To tell the truth its not necessary to carry a colt ar-15. You could go with armalite or rock river arms or DPMS. I actually thinking about getting the DPMS LR-308 for more knock down power. I'd much rather have a 150gr bullet than a 55gr.
    Herd dat! Bigbird gets his groove on with the Armalite AR-180:

http://usvsthem.homestead.com/OracleFix.html

Bravo Zulu

FD Bro'

The SPPD has a number of AR-180's in the armory. They refuse to let anyone carry them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Initial Pistol
    Is is necessary for an officer to carry a Colt AR-15?
    How many officers out there actually own a Colt AR-15?? How much do they run?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast