Contract Time & MERIT Raises.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Contract Time & MERIT Raises.....

Are just like step raises in the department ~

I don't think so ooooooooooooooooo,

A public records request was recently done.
    " The pot has been stirred "

I ran up against "the wall" trying to get Pink Floyd's
    "Money" as background to this video online
    Copyright prevented me.....so there is no sound/video...yet...
    but I wanted to get these $ figures out ~ tonight !

Both FOP & PBA need to present a united front
    or else We're all getting $crw5d5d.

Put "Dark Side of the Moon" on
    Watch the numbers ......
    JUST AMAZING !!

Pete cries : POOR POCKETS
    http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/ ... =finab.flv

you need to post that link in more places then just the leoaffairs board. Get the word out to the regular voters.

I'm appauled that you would post the names and salaries of your employers. This is a downright discrace and what I consider a violation of their right to privacy. Their pay is between them and the Mayor. The general public has no right to view this information at will. I hope they gat a good lawyer and sue everyone involved.

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    Its been quite awhile since I've entered this arena of battle and posted my comments. For a long time I've felt that this board has turned into nothing but a forum for has beens who do nothing more then complain.

I see today that there's still hope. This is what its all about. Take up the good fight and get the information out. For the first time in a long time the power goes to the people. I don't know who's responsible for getting this ball rolling and don't care, but this is what's been needed at the SPPD. Its time to turn up the heat and get the ball rolling. There's been an uneven playing field for way too long. The staff gets rich off our backs while we slave away for nothing.

This can't go away! You need to use every outlet possible to make this a public spectacle. The thieves who have lined their pockets and built their retirement funds need to be disgraced and forced out!

A chance like this doesn't come around often. They made their bed now its up to us to make them sleep in it...forever!!

This battle needs to expand on a grand scale! We need to use every resource available to take the fight to the streets! and Picasso get some music with that video and U-Tube it baby!!!!!
    St. Pete was once a place of honor, It can be again......

to 'private sector'

All staff/management salaries were obtained by a public records request to the City of St Petersburg. The City provided the information. More detailed information is forth coming.

The General public PAYS their salaries and has EVERY right to know where their money is being spent.

Let me fill up your Kool-Aid glass for you....

Works better with the music, thank you.
    and to reply to
    "private sector",,, the general public does have a right to know, We taxpayers ARE their employer.
    so STFU

Quote Originally Posted by private sector
    I'm appauled that you would post the names and salaries of your employers. This is a downright discrace and what I consider a violation of their right to privacy. Their pay is between them and the Mayor. The general public has no right to view this information at will. I hope they gat a good lawyer and sue everyone involved.
    Hey Mr. Private Sector, you are sitting in the stands judging something you know NOTHING about. They constantly preach how we hold a public office, are public servants and as such we need to conduct ourselves accordingly. We are held to a higher standard due to the office we hold and the trust the public puts in us. Well...this is true of them also. If the street officer is held to a higher standard then it would seem to make sense that the supervisors and upper management are held to an even higher standard.....you would think. This is all public money and public business. It's bull crap that the upper management get such high percentage raises over the last few years while we have to fight for minimal raises. A novel idea here would be....wait for it....LEADING FROM THE FRONT FOR A CHANGE!!!!! If the city can't squeeze out decent raises for the police and firefighters then how about management standing up and taking whatever we get, when we get it instead of the rather healthy raises they enjoy on a regular basis. I mean how tough could a stand like that be when you are already making 90,000 plus?? This doesn't even touch on the city (Mayor) allowing this to occur, but then again he has gotten a 57% raise since taking office a few years ago.

Lets take some of the wasted money we have spent building parks on the southside where people can hang out and brawl over the ever present baby-mamma drama and put it to good use. Sometimes I think that maybe we should just build an octagon arena and provide referees and an EMS crew so they can fight and get their respect from each other without tying up the limited police assets. We might even save a few lives.....

I am personally sick of the whole poor underprivlidged black community. No one pulled a silver spoon out of my mouth so I could take this job. Both of my parents came from poor country backgrounds but through hard work were able to make something of themselves. My mother was the first one in our family to go to college. Both of them were public servants (Firefighter/police officer and teacher). This bullsh$t about the poor inner-city youths is mainly the lack of family values and plain old parenting. The parents don't even know how to be adults, much less the kids. I don't mean to say that there arn't good people (Ms. M Thompkins is truly wonderfull for example) in D1 but come on, why do we have to cater to the butthead leeches on society.

I mean, my lord, the state of Florida just recently made a formal apology for slavery!! Good grief!!! Slavery ended over 100 years ago!! My grandparents weren't even alive for slavery... get over it and stop using it as a crutch and start going to school and making something of yourself. I don't mean college either, how about high school. I used to work down there and it used to amaze me that 90% of the written statements I took in D1 were of about a 5th grade level. It was almost comical. I wish I would have had the forthought to make copies and save them, it would make a great book.

I'm not knocking some of the programs being run to help those that want to help themselves and make a difference here, like the mayor's mentors or 5000 role models. This is probably a good expenditure of what money it costs (probably not really that much) but the parks and trees everywhere are just like putting paint on rotting wood so it looks good...for now. A few more police officers on the street would be a much better investment. We are stretched so thin right now we don't have time to stop and really make a difference. It's call to call to call. The old school police officer skill sets are disappearing. We need to get back to the old beat cop who knew the people on his beat and could take care of a lot of problems before they were a major crime. Howewver, when you are regularly hounded by the communications center announcing that they have this call or that call holding (priorities) there just isn't time.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Twas the Year of the Contract

Twas the Year that the contract, was set to expire,
    The unions prepared what numbers to fire?

The staff all sat smug, their office doors close,
    Worried about numbers, what will they expose?

The Mayor kept spending, a new park each day,
    “I can’t stop now”, “A new field for King Ray”.

And the unions continued, to beg for a dime,
    Sorry! High taxes!, You get nothing this time!
    In fact we’re cutting; your pay, that’s not all,
    Turn in your take home, and go to your call.
    While behind the closed doors, dead bolted for peace,
    You’ve worked those long hours, here’s your merit increase.
    But the secret was out, must be a leak,
    A records request, lets take a peak.

Upon a review, of the numbers I saw,
    I sat in amazement, I just sat in Awe.
    Four years of great secrets, revealed in a flash,
    I knew I had found it, all the lost cash,
    I see Chief Chuck, a mere 24 percent,
    Not to be outdone, DeKay’s 39 was well spent,
    Cool Hand Luke, almost 38 in the bank,
    Now to the Majors, things are starting to stank,
    On to Rick Mayor, got an awful bad taste,
    48 percent, if that’s not a waste,
    Topping them all, at 56 percent up,
    The members of Council, I almost threw up!

We still sit awaiting, a response has not come,
    But we handle our calls, still carry our gun,
    The patience is waning, the anger is rising,
    None of our actions, should be that surprising.
    As numbers keep leaving, for greener pastures for sure,
    We sit here outnumbered, seeking a cure,
    I say wait for your back-up, type reports on your call,
    Let your voice heard, echo the hall,
    Who needs those dam tickets, or DPs to save face,
    Time to stand up, take over this place,
    Just handle your calls, one at a time,
    Because here in the station, is where there’s real crime,
    And maybe someday, the public will care,
    For the next time they call, we just might not be there!

The number$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast