PBA Rate
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PBA Rate

PBA Rate

Am I missing something, or did the people in the PBA raise the rates again without telling someone.

Mine went up 50 cents and I was not aware either until you mentioned it.

New rate

It's been posted on our board in the station. :arrow: $1 increase.

Scumbags!?!

To the poster "Stunned" over a raise in the PBA dues w/o his or her knowledge..........It's amazing how you can come onto this forum and refer to brother officers who represent all of us through the PBA and call them names. That is a term often referred to some of those people that we have to contend with on the street that do not deserve much better than that. But, to call someone that who has chosen the same profession, probably paid more dues (financially and otherwise) in their career than you have, may need you to save their life or would be there to save yours someday, just doesn't make any sense.

One of two situations exists with you. Either you've been here long enough to have benefitted from the contract that they have ratified, or you haven't been here long enough to appreciate what they've done for you and the entire membership and, thus, you should keep your inexperienced mouth shut.

If you were a person of any character, or any backbone whatsoever, you would put your name to a message that calls other LEO's names. The reason you cannot is because you are on a list for a spine donor and you don't have the fortitude to stand up the right way and be heard. This forum is no place for "cowards" whom find that they must cast stones in a hurtful and destructive way, while "hiding" behind some shield of anonymity because they are "afraid" of being discovered.

Guest 212, I don't see your name on your post either...

Re: Scumbags!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 212
    To the poster "Stunned" over a raise in the PBA dues w/o his or her knowledge..........It's amazing how you can come onto this forum and refer to brother officers who represent all of us through the PBA and call them names. That is a term often referred to some of those people that we have to contend with on the street that do not deserve much better than that. But, to call someone that who has chosen the same profession, probably paid more dues (financially and otherwise) in their career than you have, may need you to save their life or would be there to save yours someday, just doesn't make any sense.

One of two situations exists with you. Either you've been here long enough to have benefitted from the contract that they have ratified, or you haven't been here long enough to appreciate what they've done for you and the entire membership and, thus, you should keep your inexperienced mouth shut.

If you were a person of any character, or any backbone whatsoever, you would put your name to a message that calls other LEO's names. The reason you cannot is because you are on a list for a spine donor and you don't have the fortitude to stand up the right way and be heard. This forum is no place for "cowards" whom find that they must cast stones in a hurtful and destructive way, while "hiding" behind some shield of anonymity because they are "afraid" of being discovered.
    Gezzzzz, He didn't call the reps names. He must have struck a nerve. Since I'm on the subject though, why is it that hardly any of our "brother officers who represent all of us through the PBA" aren't even showing up for the union meetings?

Scumbag?

Why would "Guest 212" need to post their name to what they wrote? They do not seem to be the one calling fellow officers names. Did you miss the point of why someone should put their name to that message?

To the last poster.......If STUNNED wasn't calling them names then who was the name calling directed at? Are you sure you read the message? Why would you down play something like that? Is not being present at a meeting justification for that kind of name calling? Your message seems to support that idea.

Guest 212........You need to lighten up just a bit and consider going to "anger management" class. We may need to get you to EAP as well so that you can surf this forum a little more effectively without getting so angry. WOW!

Re: Scumbags!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 212

Maybe I'm missing something, but what "name" did he call the PBA Reps? He asked if the people at PBA raised the rates again without telling anyone. Where is the name calling in that statement?

Water management sticking it to the citizens with rate hikes, insurance companies get their "lions" share of the scam, the oil companies rape us with gas prices, our property taxes are way off target and one of the worst in the nation, the price of food is sky-rocketing and now the PBA before you know it all of these dollars built up turns over dust in the bank account, JEEEEZ give me a break... I'm sure some supervisor will say leave then, how about you do some work for once in your career

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Water management sticking it to the citizens with rate hikes, insurance companies get their "lions" share of the scam, the oil companies rape us with gas prices, our property taxes are way off target and one of the worst in the nation, the price of food is sky-rocketing and now the PBA before you know it all of these dollars built up turns over dust in the bank account, JEEEEZ give me a break...I'm sure some supervisor will say leave then, how about you do some work for once in your career
    YA, I THINK WE ARE GOING TO FIND A LOT OF GOOD PEOPLE AND DEPUTIES LEAVING THIS AREA WITHIN THE NEXT FEW YEARS, IT'S GOTTEN OUT OF HAND HERE. YOU CAN GET RETIREMENT IN OTHER STATES OR GO MORE NORTH FLORIDA. YOU CAN COUNT ON MORE INCREASES IN OTHER SUBJECTS IN THE FUTURE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast