Try to help everyone out??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal

Constructive Suggestion

I am proposing a constructive suggestion to the problem of making a judgment about allowing postings which identify particular business as being LEO friendly while still guarding against having a business get free advertising on leoaffairs.

I suggest that leoaffairs permit postings that identify particular business which are recommended by satisfied customers IF the poster has no connection with the business that would give financial benefit to the poster.

In order to accomplish this the poster would be required to have a registered account in his real, verified name and would have to post the recommendation in a logged-on post in his name.

This would permit the mods to guard against businesses getting free advertising while permitting people to share information about good places for LEOs to make purchases.

Personally, I would prefer to patronize a business that is owned or operated by a current or former LEO when possible and keep the money I spend in the "family," even if the prices are about the same as elsewhere --- although I would hope that there would be a bit of a price break for LEOs, both active and retired (that would be me.) :mrgreen:

For other posts individuals could still do the anonymous posts that they have done in the past, but when wanting to recommend a business they would have to log on in their real name. If you are unwilling to register to participate then you don't get to make recommendations. I don't see this as too much of a burden.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    The original post was a guest post that seemed to me to be blatant advertising. Personally, I, too, would rather buy from a current/former LEO also, because I can appreciate their business aspirations on many levels. Any of us could come on here and discuss what we think about many things. We all have our opinions on cell phones, gun dealers, etc. Discussing them is part of why we're here. Yeah, I know, it is splitting hairs. Registered users do make things like this much easier also. Further, if Chip let everyone come on here and advertise their businesses for free then he would be loosing money which he needs to maintain this site...after all this is a business too.

Anyway, read between the lines and I personally wish the business much success.
    Mod184@leoaffairs.com
    Never get so pretentious that you can't laugh at yourself!

I personaly know who posted the origional post. It was a D3 Deputy who was happy with his dealings at the new store. I went in the store yesterday and bought a few things, the owner Jason, and the manager Andy did not know anything about their store being posted on here.

I personaly know who posted the origional post. It was a D3 Deputy who was happy with his dealings at the new store. I went in the store yesterday and bought a few things, the owner Jason, and the manager Andy did not know anything about their store being posted on here.
    Can someone provide information on how/where I can find a way to identify or contact this gun store? I am looking to purchase a new handgun and due to the poor quality of local shops that I know, I was planning on ordering it from a dealer on the east coast.

The Gun Shop is The Smokin Barrels in Lutz. 813-949-4486 ask for Jason or Andy.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    I reviewed the post that Mod 184 removed and agree with their decision. It seemed to be advertising. I do know that it was not spammed on numerous boards, and I am grateful for that.

Had someone asked a question and that post been posted as an answer to an honest question, that would be acceptable. I do see that someone posted the same shop as an answer to a question about affordable ammo on this very board. That is acceptable. Now with this in mind, remember, that if you post a question and answer it your self, that will get you banned.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Re: Try to help everyone out???

My husband and I both bought guns at the Smokin Barrel a few months ago at their grand opening. We also took classes for our concealed carry licenses. Nice shop and great people to work with. I hope they will thrive and be a resource to the community for a long time to come.

Re: Try to help everyone out???

You sure aren't going to get a truly LEO friendly price on anything at Shoot Straight, so it's good to know that there is somewhere else to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12