SIMU

Thread: SIMU

SIMU

What is the new Special Incident Management Unit (SIMU)? I see they brought a bunch of people in. What do they do?

cism

a new name for cism...

They say they are cutting special units and then they make a unit up. Why is this unit a fulltime unit? This place is unbelievable! You cut these people from specialized units and then make a cushy position up for them.

Why hasn't the "ex-chief" been out copying calls like everyone else has to do when they first start?

The new SIMU is basically the van drivers. I guess they didn't open that up to anyone else in the agency who might want a shot at it. Like the Youth Education folks who got rolled out. Ok, you get to go back to patrol. The ex-HR folks, hey, do you guys want to drive vans? Wow, can we sink any lower?

SIMU

Maybe some of you can take a lesson from Rich B before you start slamming things before you know what they really are and JUST ASK A QUESTION. SIMU is not a unit for transport. It is a unit run by Sgt C. Taylor that is designed to help basically with homeland security. There are many things that are done behind the scene prior to big events that come here to Pinellas County or near by counites that many dont realize such as superbowl next year upcomming presidental vists and this unit is assigned to do site surveys and act as a liason with other agencies such as feds or local authorities. Sgt Taylor was the only one assigned to this unit and from knowing him if he asked for help he must of needed help. The only other assigned to that unit is a that Cpl. On top of the SIMU unit Sgt Taylor is now assigned to over see the new transport unit. Im sure there are many other things that the SIMU unit does I just dont know. But please dont come on here and bash on something you dont know. For christ sakes they have kept Chris locked away in the gym for a couple years (waisted talent) please give him a chance and just let him do his job.

Thanks for the detailed answer. To TMJ, when the youth education people were rolled out, they had first choice at going to bailiff. They weren't all forced into patrol. So I don't think putting these people, who just transfered in, into that unit was wrong.

Hey guess what, I'm one of the YES rollouts and they didn't give me a choice, nor did several others. It was patrol or do not pass go.

That's because nobody wanted you. Sorry.