Step up or step out....

Step up or step out....

I would like to know why the FOP is NOT standing up for us???? I thought years ago, when I first joined that the FOP was an organized Union and they will fight for their members. Can someone please explain why we are all left in the dust and without a raise and without representation? :shock:

FOP needs new leadership and more involvement from all of it's members. If you want it to work, you have to participate and make things happen. The problem with you new guys is that you are used to being taken care of your entire life. You were handed trophies just for participating and you're spoiled. If you want change, you have to get involved. That's the way it works. Don't give me the bullsh*t about working shifts. We have all worked shifts. Quit complaining and help out. If you can't do that, shut the f*ck up and just collect your paycheck and watch your big screen.

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE NEW GUYS. THE NEW GUYS ARE CARRYING THIS PLACE. MY EXPERIENCE HERE AT THE PCSO IS THE "VETERANS" ARE FOR THE MOST PART...LAZY.

IM SO SICK OF HEARING HOW YOU PUT YOUR TIME IN BULLSH1T. YOU DIDN'T PUT YOUR TIME IN. YOU PUT YOUR TIME IN WHEN YOU ARE RETIRED. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN HERE 10-20 YEARS DOESN'T MEAN SH1T. YOU STILL HAVE A JOB TO DO AND YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DO YOUR SHARE.

AS FOR THE FOP....THEY'RE PAID TO REPRESENT US. I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE MEETINGS...THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE PAID TO DO. NOW THE FOP SHOULD GO OUT AND GET US WHAT WE DESERVE.

First, you should be careful of what you say, all of the so called oldtimers are not lazy, yes I admit there are some old timers who do not carry their load but I also see alot of young guys doing nothing but hitting the enroute button and then doing nothing else, like following up. So lets not group all the oldtimers into the same do nothing group. There are people who will do nothing and as little as possible they can for their shift. Then there are others who bust their ass. And before you say it I know they get paid just the same no matter how much they work. At least those who do a little more can look in the mirror every morning and know they are earning their paycheck. Just a small word of advice, worry about what you are doing to make yourself a better deputy and person and forget those who don't this way you can wake up everyday and look in the mirror with pride.

I seen on fox 13 last night the st pete is looking at 2% and they have the PBA. I don't think it has sh!t to do with the unions its the overpaid administrators who are to blame.

Vote out Coats

I have to read your comments and laugh. Am I correct that Florida has only had collective bargaining for a few years? Theres alot of work to do before you can just fly your flag and demand respect. Your sheriff doesn't even want you to have the option of a contract. Why do you think he has played the jailers against the road deputies. This is history! Even though progress can be slow it lasts forever. For you young pups who will be here for a long time these times will pay off tenfold. From what Ive read it looks light you have no deep rooted devotion to band together and fight for yourselves. Its the things you can't see that are sometimes what matters most!

Keep the fight going and prevail for the long term!

Go Yankees!

You newbees couldnt wear my jock-strap

Veteran

Hey, "Get Real" we aint "Newbies" you bone head. You sound like a little punk! :evil: