Tactical Vests - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Vests

Quote Originally Posted by Theguyyoulovetohate
    Admin guy: "well lets just remember one thing guys its intimidating too the public".

you know when you see a road officer wearing a tac vest it lets the subject their dealing with KNOW THAT WE MEAN BUSINESS. THUS THE SUBJECT takes a second look at the officer...

now if the coinhabitants JB and AL our fearless pba leader were to wear one they would just look hideous
    These two will never need a vest. The spend the entire shift in Capt Joeys office with that guy Ro and rat everyone out so they can remain slugs and sleep. Must be working!

Ft Lauderdale was on the news today for some missing kids. They had a crap load of cops around on foot. Every one of them was wearing a tac vest. Those things took off over there. I bet there is much more people wearing balistic protection now than ever before. Every cop i saw was wearing a vest. They look real good. Fresh look. Someday........................................... ........ Maybe............................................. .............hopefully............................ .......................................wasting my time.............................................. ........hope not............................................... ........oh yeah Its too intimidating...................................... ..never!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work the area is Sistrunk and the vests are a great option to wear, alot more officers are wearing them that normally would not have worn them under thier regular uniforms.

My vest fits confortably and I like the set up of it which I can customize. I was suprised that our admin approved of this to begin with. The sold the idea to the fact that at the station or booking officers could take the vests off to "cool-off" and to increase the numbers of officers wearing them.

Good luck with the attempt, it really is getting like a war zone out there these days anyways might as well make it look like we work in Iraq.

Or you can get into Safe Streets or K9. Until then, quit crying and wear your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by mod 482
    Or you can get into Safe Streets or K9. Until then, quit crying and wear your vest.
    oh really-they have an opening in those fields...? i didnt think so so shutty

is that so when do you think K-9 will ever open????? and Safe streets?

obviously there is NOT a lot of lateral transfers in Miramar and ppl will leave to seek agencies that have movement. Which makes it worse for the people that stay because now they have to wait longer to get off the road till they replace the ones that left...;.

SAFE STREETS CAN WEAR THE VEST NOW WHAT A VICTORY !!!!!!!!

ITS WAS COOL IN SUNSENTINEL HOW THE CHEIF TOOK CREDIT FOR THE BLOODS INDICMENT, HE WAS SUCH A HUGE PROPONENT OF THAT OPERATION I'M SURE, YOU GUYS MUST BE PROUD.

that is great that we talk about these vest, but has anyone proposed this concept to the chief? ft laud isnt the only dept switching to this look. bso does it too, and a couple other agencies. if we could have a uniform policy where the tac vest is allowed that would be sweet. i wouldnt mind buying the thing for myself.

by the way, do we really need to buy leather gear or is the dept going to annie up on that one for us? i mean why couldnt they, since we have extra money to buy coins i think we should be able to buy our guys some leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    is that so when do you think K-9 will ever open????? and Safe streets?

..;.
    still waiting for your response

Dunno, put in your request. Til then stop crying. :cry:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast