Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fund raising effort. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: hmm

Quote Originally Posted by 007bond
    Mod, please review.
    Yeah Bond your right................Maybe he should start with the fact that more then one person is using your name on this site, or are you calling NB a liar also? we already know you are...... :shock:

hmmm

To be perfectly honest with ya, Nitely Blog never said that.
    Blog was here at my house when he typed that out ok.
    He said more than one person uses the computer.
    You can't verbalize sentences or read I guess.

Re: hmmm

To be perfectly honest with ya, Nitely Blog never said that.
    Blog was here at my house when he typed that out ok.
    He said more than one person uses the computer.
    You can't verbalize sentences or read I guess.
    Sorry, guess I had a case of "Bonditis", you know, it's where you think that people actually care about what you have to say and you have no clue what a dork you really are.

look in the mirror Bond, or are all your mirrors broken from playing Police Man and practicing the "Quick Draw"............Dooooooh....and you thought we didn't know. Later NERD!

hmmm

Just admit you are wrong.
    I am right and you are wrong.
    Bond won.
    :shock:

Re: hmmm

[quote=Anonymous]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":17mzkfhf
    There are two people that use this account.
    One is a deputy sheriff that works in d4.
    Thanks for your concern but again you are wrong.
    Are you saying that there are 2 people using the user name 007bond or that just have access to your computer?
    Hey dude what 007bond is saying is that there is more than one person who uses his computer to post messages from time to time. I know this because he is a friend of mine. Now can you get back to the topic at hand about the cancer charity that Carl's son is trying to help as well as the jail deputies son that is in need of assistance. I personally throw a couple of dollars into the jar at the booking intake counter each time I drop off a customer at the Inn.
    You just lost all credibility with many people. Wow Bro.[/quote:17mzkfhf]

Bro I know alot of people as I'm sure you do as well. Some post on here some don't. Some I agree with some of them I disagree with. I don't always agree with all my friends or supervisors decisions but I respect them. I feel that it's their right to have their own opinion. Even if it differs from mine. I know a few different people who post on here under different screen names. They have all told me what their screen names are and have asked that I keep their real names secret. Which I have promised them I will. Some I hang with on a regular basis and some I don't.

Do I know who 007bond is? Yes I do. He's a friend of mine. He has his own opinions on the current situation as do I, and yes some of our opinions differ greatly while we do agree on others. Will I apoligize as to who my friends are? Nope. I like my friends. I was never trying to gain credibility with you my man. I just offer my opinion and my take on the given situation. Just as you have the right to do. If you agree with me fine. If not, well thats fine too.

I'm a street guy and have been for along time, that said. Dude we work in a profession where we get cussed out and at during almost every call for service. If 007bond pisses ya off with his post then the only thing I can tell ya is to grow some thicker skin bro. He gives me a hard time as well sometimes, it's just not on this site. But I give it back just as much.

Take care bro and I'll see ya out there on the street.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal

Fund Raising

Returning to the original theme of this thread, let me remind everyone that it was about supporting my son's commitment to fund raising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

In a previous post I also made a commitment to donate to the HCSO family of the child undergoing chemotherapy an amount twice the amount that I donated to my son's effort. My donation to the society can be viewed at http://www.active.com/donate/tntscfl/shawboy43

I have spoken to Debbie Carter and will be delivering that check to the Lynn Sowers Fund for the benefit of the child on Monday. She is free to disclose the amount of my check.

My point is that it is possible to support multiple worthy efforts. Even small amounts, given by many people, add up. I would like to see more people get on board for both.

Let me extend a big thank you to those who have made donations to my son's fund raising effort. He is doing this as a tribute to his mother.

Re: Fund Raising

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Shawver
    Returning to the original theme of this thread, let me remind everyone that it was about supporting my son's commitment to fund raising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

In a previous post I also made a commitment to donate to the HCSO family of the child undergoing chemotherapy an amount twice the amount that I donated to my son's effort. My donation to the society can be viewed at http://www.active.com/donate/tntscfl/shawboy43

I have spoken to Debbie Carter and will be delivering that check to the Lynn Sowers Fund for the benefit of the child on Monday. She is free to disclose the amount of my check.

My point is that it is possible to support multiple worthy efforts. Even small amounts, given by many people, add up. I would like to see more people get on board for both.

Let me extend a big thank you to those who have made donations to my son's fund raising effort. He is doing this as a tribute to his mother.
    Carl,

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I donate the same day I said I would support the cause. I did keep my name off the list though. I made good on my promise, now please keep yours and let me know when I can take you to lunch or dinner.

Your friend.

Re: Fund Raising

Quote Originally Posted by W the P
    Carl,

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I donate the same day I said I would support the cause. I did keep my name off the list though. I made good on my promise, now please keep yours and let me know when I can take you to lunch or dinner.

Your friend.
    I'll call you soon. Several deputies have been very kind about inviting me out for meals since Janet passed away.

I've had meals with at least ten deputies recently.

I only mention that so that people won't assume they can discern your identity by seeing which deputy I might be having lunch with.

:P

Carl,

You are a class act. You, my friend, would be an argument for cloning.

My contribution

As promised, I delivered a check to Debbie Carter for the Lynn Sowers fund that was twice the amount that I contributed to my son's fund raising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

My contribution to the Society can be viewed on the web site http://www.active.com/donate/tntscfl/shawboy43 and I authorized Debbie to tell anyone who asks what the amount of my check was for the family of the child undergoing chemotherapy.

I did this to again make my point that it is both possible and desirable to contribute to a variety of worthy causes. Even if the individual amounts are small they can add up.

In the case of the Lynn Sowers Fund which is a fantastic resource of HCSO employees in extremely difficult circumstances I urge contribution by payroll deduction. Just think what a benefit it would be to the Fund if every employee contributed a mere $1 a month. But of course that won't happen so a slightly larger amount is more desirable. I am not blowing my own horn, but the fact is that prior to my retirement I donated $10 per pay period to the fund. That's how much I believed in what they were doing. On a couple of occasions I was the person who delivered the checks to our people in need and I saw first hand what a great benefit the fund can be.

And, as I said before, please don't take a cent that you have determined to give to some other worthy cause to contribute to my son's effort. But do consider giving small amounts to multiple causes because small amounts from many people do add up.

Thanks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast