I doubt anyone will care enough...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ok dust in the wind....do u mean hit the alert tone and just start giving it out without waiting for the unit(s) acknowledging they are ready to 1065? And as for the diff tones for bolos and 1033 calls sometimes I do and sometimes I dont however if its 1033 I def hold that button down alottttttttttttttt longer for the 1033 call, for the bolo its much shorter.

tones

This is just a suggestion because I know that in Dade County they do it this way. They have three different distinct tones, just like us. However each one is only used for one thing.

The steady beep tone is used to get units attention for a priority call (they don't BOLO all the worthless info about signal 8's like we do- but I know that it is a policy for BSO so not bashing you dispatch) or a hot bolo.

The beep-beep-beep-beep tone is used only to slow units down when responding to 10-33 calls.

The hi-lo-hi-lo tone is used ONLY for 10-24 and officer emergency calls. When you hear that tone your balls hit your stomach cause you know it is not going to be good. That is usually the tone that everyone drops what they are doing and heads out the door.

It is a good system in my opinion because it is consistent. Maybe they can recommend this to their supervisors to get some sort of consistency going. Right now it seems that the dispactchers use whichever tone they like. And some do a very long tone for sig8 bolos also.

TuffStuff we appreciate you getting on here and trying to seek feedback to make things better. Unfortunately there is a huge communication barrier between us and you. Hopefully some of the things we are pointing out will help. Thanks for the great job you guys/gals do.

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol
    Well Ive been around here for awhile and I use to know a whole bunch of the guys/girls on the road in MM and now when I look at the lineup, not so much. So I thought let me see what I can do to maybe make some suggestions on our end upstairs in the Emerald Palace (aka HELL) or maybe at least be able to explain to you guys why we do/dont do certain things. I dont know how Dades system works but yes we do have 3 alert tones and yes in theory I think each one should be assigned for a certain purpose. Right now, I believe, "they" decided on a policy of using the "hi-lo" tone for all 1033 calls-- which I do not agree with but hey Im just a peon like the rest of you guys. They want the loud single tone for the bolos, if I remember correctly, obviously I dont use this "policy". I think the loud single obnoxious tone should be for all 1033 calls, officer safety issues, etc.....the "hi-lo" tones for bolos and then the wussy little beep beep volkswagon car horn sounding thing for whatever else is left. But when the shit hits the fan I dont care what tone I hit as long as it works. And just so you guys know we have to change it from one to another like you would do when you are filling out something on-line where you fill in your state, thats the best way to describe it. Now one thing I would like to express to you guys is PLEASE write down or make note of your case #'s, times etc, when they are given to you. Now this is not so much an issue cuz u guys have the mdc's these days, but we dont give this stuff out for fun, ya know. Now before u attack me, I not expecting u to write this stuff down when 51 code 3 for something or someone. BUT THERE IS NOTHING MORE IRRITATING THAN A UNIT ASKING FOR HIS/HER SIG 9 CASE #. HELLO??? We gave it to u when we gave u the call AND its on your mdc. Im sure there was no rush to get inside the 1020 to take the report so take it with u when u get out of the car. Ok Im off my soap box now. :lol:

I'm with you on that one! Nothing erks me more than trying to get on the radio to advise 10-50 (four deep) or 13-p when some idiot needs their case#, time advised, etc. etc. etc.. Obviously we are not always in a position to write down Onview Times because it's just that- we are onviewing and that is usually going to be the time someone pulls out a gun or takes off. So my focus is usually on the task at hand. AND FOR GOD SAKES PEOPLE- WHEN THEY SAY THE AIR IS 10-3, THE F'IN AIR IS 10-3. ALL YOU IDIOTS THAT CONTINUE TO ADVISE THAT YOUR 51 OR 97 AFTER THE AIR IS 10-3 PLEASE STOP! IT IS 10-3 BECAUSE SOMEONE IS 97 OR 25 ON A HOT CALL! HOW THE HELL CAN THEY ADVISE WHAT THEY HAVE WHEN PEOPLE ARE SAYING 51 AND 97! JUST GO AND GET THERE! I KNOW THE POLICY SAYS ONE THING, BUT IT'S BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN GO TO YOUR FRIENDS FUNERAL AND SEE 6 CARRYING HIM/HER. Common sense here. That includes you too delta units and sierra units. Just because you have stripes or bars doesn't give you the right to jeopardize my safety. Thanks have a great night.

wow very scary, we must know each other.....;)

Did you just do a mind melt with me? I HATE WHEN UNITS DO THAT!!! You can tell me u are there AFTER the air is 1008 again. What about this one, one of your senior guys did this the other day and it drives me nuts. The air was 1003 for something someone onviewed, and he went 51 94 but instead of advising 51 he coded his prev call and then went 51 94, while the air was 1003, UGH!!!! Just go, get there, and we will worry about the damn code out later on!!!!! Its not that big a deal.

I love the dispatchers that have that gut feeling somethings up with the call and wil tell you to stand by for 94. Just lets us know that they are looking out for us. :wink:

well I will say this its nice to visit a dispatched city where they guys/girls on the road ARENT telling us how fat, worthless, stupid, useless, or how we are always eating and gossiping at the console and oh yea, how nasty we are. sometimes when we get headers-we just know, something aint right, plus for those of us who check priors at the same 1020 that helps you all in the long run. I just had to blast someone under dispatchers that said he didnt need us, that at long as he had his computer he could do everything, we as dispatchers do, himself. I DONT THINK SO! ugh, it seems to be that (some) deputies treat us (meaning bso dispatchers) worse than city units do, thats just SO sad, since we work for the same "team". So thanks to you guys for treating us as humans. :wink:

Hey TuffStuff

Do you remember when dispatch had Miramar, Pines, Davie and Cooper City all on one channel? (I was 10 alpha 7 for a number of years) Back then there wasnt anything west of I-75 and we had to go into Dade County and go west on NW 199th st. to get to Country Club Ranches, Miramar Pkwy ended at Palm Ave. Things sure have changed. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are all appreciative of the dedicated job you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I wish dispatch would stick to one tone for BOLO's and one for priority calls. They mixing them up and when you hear that particular tone you expect to be a priority call and it turns out to be a BOLO....well you know what I mean
    I second that motion!!!

Lets see MR 22year vet........22years ago I would have been...........11years old...... :lol: .....................so no I dont remember that far back......my MM experience started when MM and HD were on the same channel and even at the point half the city was built/wasnt much west of palm ave.........I do have a ? Anyone know how Goetz is doing?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast