gotta be kidding - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I work for no collective bargaining unit, and have no interest in working for one.

I am just retired and hate seeing the childish play by both sides. It is tearing apart an agency that I gave my heart and soul. What is happening is making both sides look bad in the publics eye. I can tell you that a few of my neighbors came to me and asked what and the "H" is going on there after seeing things on TV, in the press and at this very site. I had one neighbor tell me the Sheriff should fire everyone. Then in the next breath he said he would then vote for a different Sheriff. This is something I have never heard by the public and I have a feeling it is only going to get worse. Both sides need to tread lightly or the public may get involved.

hmm

Joe,
    The world isn't coming to an end. Every one has problems. Every agency has problems. The sheriff is dealing with things the best he can right now.
    You are using ONE neighbor as an example.
    For every one neighbor you have that says he will vote for someone else, I have at least five neighbors that are happy with Gee.
    At least some people like Grecco are smart and realize that going after the sheriff isn't very smart.
    Most of us don't want to be judged, so lets not go around judging others.
    Because the minute you start judging people, you might be judged yourself.
    It's one thing to attack someone's policies, but you need to leave the person out of it. The PBA went after the person and not the policy.
    Now, if Grecco or some other semi-neutral person were to step up and be President, you might get a contract rolling.
    The sheriff can't look weak in the public eye or to his troops.
    He will not give in to hostile demands.
    He has to remain a strong leader in others eyes or he is done.

Well 007 that may all well and be good. But I have also had supervisors, higher then cpl, tell me that they support the PBA but have too be in the closet in fear of retaliation from above.

Many have posted about the shortage issue and a response was many agencies around the country are having the same problem when it comes to filling vacancies. If this is the case then the Sheriff should go before the County Commission requesting a package that would attract the applicants, as this agency can not continue to run at the staffing levels we have. The levels we are at are unsafe for you, me and any citizen or visitor to Hillsborough County. I am tired of attending funerals of my Friends and would hate to go to one because the Commission failed to staff this Office the way it should be staffed. Instead, this does not happen and one has to wonder why. Is it because this Sheriff does not want to increase the benefits here because that would cause the agency to offer the PBA a very good contract, that would then be voted in and thus the PBA would be here another two years. Or do you roll the dice, do nothing about the manpower issue and hope that the PBA is decertify, then go before the CC and ask for the benefits?

It is just my opinion, but I do not think the Sheriff ever had any intentions of getting a CBA in place, but wanted for there to be an opportunity for another vote.

The PBA board may not be to everyone's liking, but they can be replaced with competent players. But in order for that to happen the Office must except the PBA with open arms, as they said they would when we all met during our mass meetings at the Sun Dome. It is my opinion that the Office arms are closed and have been closed prior to the start of the current CBA talks.

Hmmm

The same could be said for teachers, hospitals, the military.
    All are dangerously low.
    I don't want some terrorist coming over here and blowing up the county because they are low on homeland security folks.
    Nor do I want to die because there aren't enough doctors or nurses.
    Im sure many parents in the county want their kids to have an education too and they are low on teachers.
    Have you ever been to a VA hospital before and seen a soldier with a head wound or missing an arm or a leg, who can't get treated because of the red tape?
    That is a crisis. This isn't a crisis. We are in the middle of a war.
    Do you know one of the reasons I strongly stand behind Sheriff Gee is because he raises a lot of money for disabled veterans?
    In fact, he is having an upcoming fundraiser for the Haley House and other veterans organizations. You can find it on his website.
    I have yet to see any newspapers run a story on it.
    Sheriff Gee has a lot of supporters and has helped a lot of people.
    You may not think he does, but he does.

I know he has many supports and many I am friends with. My family also does volunteer work at the VA

later bond......got a date

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal

To Average Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by 007bond
    Average Joe, I have been reading your posts. What do you do for a living. I am curious.
    Retired LEO from HCSO.........30+ years experience......and held a commission card from 4 sheriffs. And for the record I was never a PBA member, never wanted them here, always voted no. But to tell you the truth from what I hear from friends, many of which are supervisors, I would more than likely be a member today if I was still there.
    Hey, Average Joe:

I, too, am retired from HCSO and I also held commission cards from four sheriffs as a LEO, but not including Sheriff Gee - who I do consider to be a friend.

Perhaps you could give me a call sometime and we could meet for lunch and discuss the issues that seem to be tearing the office apart and/or just talk about the good old days.

This is not an attempt to identify you and being seen at lunch with me would not tell people who you are because I go out to eat with both currently active and retired LEOs from time to time.

If you're interested send me an e-mail and I'll respond with my phone number if you want to call me. My e-mail is exagent007@earthlink.net.

If you're not interested, that's fine too.

Carl

Re: hmm

Joe,
    The world isn't coming to an end. Every one has problems. Every agency has problems. The sheriff is dealing with things the best he can right now.
    For every one neighbor you have that says he will vote for someone else, I have at least five neighbors that are happy with Gee.
    At least some people like Grecco are smart and realize that going after the sheriff isn't very smart.
    It's one thing to attack someone's policies, but you need to leave the person out of it. The PBA went after the person and not the policy.
    Now, if Grecco or some other semi-neutral person were to step up and be President, you might get a contract rolling.
    Hey Double O, I'm not saying I disagree with ya, so don't strike out at me like you do the pro union posters, but I'm curious. How has the PBA attacked the Sheriff personally?

hmmm

You took my name.

Wait a minute

One other thing,
    You don't have to pretend like you have a date. You can tell me the truth.
    I don't have the inclination to list every single thing the PBA did to Gee.
    Those in the know, know.
    All I am saying is that the PBA cast the first stone.
    A new President should smooth things over.

Re: hmm BOND PLEASE.

Joe,

Bond, no one from the PBA has attacked the Sheriff as a person, that is just a plain LIE.

Hostile demands? Another lie.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast