I doubt anyone will care enough......
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

I doubt anyone will care enough......

However, should someone read this.......do you guys have any complaints AND compliments for (BSO) dispatch? NOTICE compliments is included in this......and please take it easy..... ops:

Just like us everybody has their good days and bad days. All in all no problem. One thing though. Don't be afraid to tell the Delta units to hear the emergency call the first time instead of trying to figure out what to order at the restaurant. Grant it, it is hard to listen to the radio with all the dishes clashing around.

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

Road guy

Hey Road Guy, tks for answering and keeping it professional. BELIEVE me I am not afraid to tone a road unit, SGT, or IF need be a LT. I make sure to call everyone at the same time--the units and the sgts or OIC's. Yes we all have our good and bad days. Stay safe and keep me posted if I can pass along anything, though we got some FNG's that you can't tell anything to. I'm sure you know what I mean. :roll: B safe.

Richard is Best

BSO: My vote is for Richard. He is very clear on the radio. He can be plainly heard and nobody has to doubt his ability. My only complaint would be some of the dispatchers say stuff so fast and when we have trainees in our dept. they do not know what just happened on the radio and either we have to repeat it ourselves or she has to ask for the information to be repeated. We have a new trainee that I feel is going to be a good dispatcher and If we can have you all slow down just a tad bit it will help us who are training her. Some of them have an attitude and I understand we all have a bad day from time to time but please stress to them the importance of not taking it out on our road officers.

But, there is this one female dispatcher that treats us like S**T over the radio. We can't hold you all responsible for that one single person. I have to admit, she is pretty *****y, but she is a very good and agressive dispatcher.

ok

I hate this thing, it seems to lose some of my posts. Well sometimes *****y is better. :lol: Nothing worse than a nice, sweet, coddling dispatcher that doesnt have a clue-he/she wont get you home at night BUT hey they were nice, right? I would think, and this is just MY opinion, that you guys on the other side of the radio would rather have someone whos "*****y and aggressive" and knows his/her shit. Yes they might be more of a pain in the ass but when the fur flies, they usually get the ball rolling and start the calvalry coming code 3! So I would think it would even out in the end. However if you get someone whos nasty AND dumb, then I dont know what to say. So this *****y one, what shift does she work?

Doggie style

I miss the good ole days when we all went out and did tawdry things that forced me into the confessional. ...Oh the penance....

WAIT A MIN

Hey I thought we agreed to keep those things just between us old timers!!! :lol:

Tip for dispatchers. TONE and then immediately dispatch on in progress calls.

Lately dispatch has not been toning for in progress calls. Sometimes the dispatchers spend valuable time saying " attention bravo 16, bravo 15, delta 1 21 in progress. "

I would rather hear " BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP bravo 3 21 in progress at 12345 Sapingo BLVD "

Just give the call to someone and spit it out. The tone will get everones attention and people in the area will head that way. By not toning some might not hear whats going on until minutes later.

Just a suggestion.

Oh yeah one more issue
    When two or more units try to get on at the same time, don't say UNITS over riding. Just stay quiet for a moment and someone will repeat themselves. By saying " units overriding or one unit a time " only gets units to do the same thing over again.

We are miles apart from one another when keying up on the radio. To point out the fact that UNITS ARE OVERRIDING does no good unless someone steps on someone that was already being acknowledged by dispatch.

I wish dispatch would stick to one tone for BOLO's and one for priority calls. They mixing them up and when you hear that particular tone you expect to be a priority call and it turns out to be a BOLO....well you know what I mean

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast