contract update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contract update

contract update

what is going on with out contract???? I have not heard a thing from the pba as to what they proposed to the city (pay, benefits, etc) and what the counter offer from the city was! Are they even negotiating because if they are it would be nice to know what they proposed and how the meeting with the city are going. Isnt the contract supposed to be in place by October 1st? Two week to go and we are still in the dark!! Please update us PBA. I know golf outings and the holiday party require a lot of planning, but I believe the primary mission should be this contract which is one of the most important in recent history due to the attrition and morale issues! Thanks

Guest,
    The PBA presented their entire package approximately a month and a half ago. The union ask for several things pay wise 7/7/7, lower the COLA, enhance incentive pay and shift differential. They ask for 100% sick payout along with a few more things. I find it hard to believe that you cannot find this information out on your own being that there are several PBA reps available to you.

As for the city's counter proposal they have not responded. They were advised by the union that they needed to come to the table with a complete package not a few articles at a time.

Yes, the contract should be done at the end of the month, however, common sense should tell ya that in this day and age it will take longer then that so remember that is why their retroactivity pay.

If you need additional information you can contact any of the people on the negotiating team. They are Bizzell, Deubel, Marland, Lofton,and Leahman, or you can call the PBA office and talk with Michael the Executive Director.

Thanks for the information. I didnt know that as being a PBA member, I was supposed to hunt down a rep or call the PBA office to simply find out what the union was asking for from the city and attempting to negotiate. In the past, reps would come to the various read offs and inform the members of the status and to take questions or suggestions. The PBA also used to post status updates on the various PBA boards in the station to keep the members informed of the progress.

I guess we are going to get stiffed again by the city. Is the same old song. They stall on the contract and then present an ultimatium saying we take the low raise and they will pay retroactive pay. If the low raise is not accepted, the raise is taken off the table and made even lower then originally presented. It like the move "groundhog day", same events, different day....

Your right the union will post news when they have news. It's obvious they have no news yet. As for tracking a rep down there are reps all over the place, I would say hunting one down would be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by guest 7889
    Thanks for the information. I didnt know that as being a PBA member, I was supposed to hunt down a rep or call the PBA office to simply find out what the union was asking for from the city and attempting to negotiate. In the past, reps would come to the various read offs and inform the members of the status and to take questions or suggestions. The PBA also used to post status updates on the various PBA boards in the station to keep the members informed of the progress.

I guess we are going to get stiffed again by the city. Is the same old song. They stall on the contract and then present an ultimatium saying we take the low raise and they will pay retroactive pay. If the low raise is not accepted, the raise is taken off the table and made even lower then originally presented. It like the move "groundhog day", same events, different day....
    You have shown by this post, and your pevious one, that you are a complete moron. It is no wonder that you were unable to find information on your own. You have the writing ability of a second grader and your investigative skills are even lower.

The union can not present information at read off

Info

Take it easy on your fellow brother.................The PBA and the FOP did a great job in preparing an early offer to the city. It is 9/28/07 and we have no response. Our contract is over 10/1/07. In good faith, the city should have a response!

THE CITY'S GOOD FAITH ?

IT'S 10/12/07 ??? THE CITY...GOOD FAITH ???

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Pay

Staff is already blowing smoke and setting up their mirrors.

At a recent staff meeting Herr Director McD made sure to express that staff understood that their 2% and the non-union's 3.5% pay increase this year was JUST HONKY DORY considering the current tax / budget issues.
    Meanwhile some people in Codes are waiting for the Axe to swing.

Mickey D
    GoD
    & Uncle Ricky ....

Gotta' love them !! :wink:

i don't think you know much about McD's stance on what our officers get paid vs. what the other agencies in the area get paid...slapping his name next to Go. D. is a little over the top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast