Recharge

Thread: Recharge

Recharge

This is a time of new opportunities - this is a time of refreshment, recharging, attempting to understand again what it is that people are looking for from the Bartow police Department in our community.

The message is that people want to see a focus on our neighbourhood policing which ensures that they’re able to feel here in Bartow that there is a strong and secure community where criminals who try and disrupt it, or even destroy it, by a variety of different activities, are not tolerated and are not able to succeed.

Police officers aren't just charged with protecting people. When they are in uniform, they represent a department or agency, a town, city or county -- and their profession.
    So ethics aren't an option; they're a requirement.

We all want to be safe, but we also want to be safe without our own personal liberties being intruded on.

We have a profession where you rely on each other, sometimes for physical protection, You develop a bond with other officers.

We are bonded in tragedy and the knowledge of how cruel life can be. The everyday stress of being a police officer can lead to serious difficulties when you add personal problems, too. The "image armor" that the public and the media portray also places a burden on police officers. But police officers have problems like anyone else.

The vast majority of men and women who do this job here are decent, honest, caring individuals.

More than any other occupation, law enforcement is an emotionally and physically dangerous job. Police officers continually face the effects of murder, violence, accidents and disasters. Rotating shifts, long hours and exposure to life's tragedies exact a heavy toll on police officers and their families. The results are alarming: high divorce rates, suicide, domestic violence, heart attacks, cancer, depression and alcoholism. Law enforcement, the media, and the public foster the myth that police officers can experience trauma and violence without suffering any ill effects. Research has shown just the opposite: when stressors are prolonged and overwhelming, an individual's ability to cope becomes difficult.

It has been a challenging time for all of us the last few years, and we have overcome many obstacles here at the Bartow Police Department. I have had my concerns about where my department is headed and what kind of department I would like to see the Bartow Police Department be.
    The Department we work for does not make us, but instead we make up a Department no matter where it is.

When it comes to our jobs and the brotherhood, Disagreements and Disappointments are left at the briefing room when the CALL goes out!

My brother's and sister's have my back, and I have there's!

Be safe all my fellow officers!

umm

Well good post I guess.....Kinda nondescript and vague but I agree. Now lets direct that to our forum. Most of us who care know we need to get motivated. So lets do it!

Couldnt you just say , good post???? Why the need to critique?

that last post must be cry baby again.........do you ever work? your always on here crying and by asking him why he couldnt just say good post ,you are causing problems again. go cry somemore. :cry: