Councilman Bryan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Councilman Bryan

so..........who has the scoop on why the councilman is on the run, and from what/who?

He rssigned effective today, no reason, since a criminal inves is coming down the pike....

who knows?

St. Pete Councilman Bryan resigns under criminal investigation

Last Edited: Friday, 07 Sep 2007, 4:27 PM EDT
    Created: Friday, 07 Sep 2007, 2:57 PM EDT

ST. PETERSBURG - City Councilman John Bryan abruptly resigned his post Friday amid accusations he had a sexual relationships with three of his adopted children.

A resignation letter given to the media reads in part, "I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to the citizens of this great community for their confidence in me to represent them. It has been a pleasure to work with one of this city's finest Mayors, and extremely effective City Council, and a truly great city staff."

According to court sources, one of Bryan's daughters - who is now an adult - has come forward claiming she had a sexual relationship with him that began when she was still a minor.

She also claims Bryan had sex with his two other children who are still minors.

Court sources say Bryan is claiming the relationship with the older girl took place after she became an adult - and was consensual.

According to a bio on the St. Petersburg city website, Bryan is married with three grown children and two school-aged children.

He has reportedly agreed to stay away from his home and his two still school age children while the investigation continues.

Bryan was first elected to the District 2 Council seat in 2001, and re-elected in 2005. His current term expires in 2010.

Before seeking office, he retired from his own business - Bryan Homes - which has built over 300 homes in the St. Petersburg area.

Bryan is a lifelong resident of the Bay Area. He graduated from Northeast High School. His grandfather was a masonry contractor who worked on the historic Open Air Post Office.

I know that all the Fire Fighters are upset about losing this legend of a man who always put public safety "first."

... first at being last!

Its a Great Day in St. Petersburg!! He never supported public safety and in fact was the one who publicly said that the police were overpaid and underworked. If he did any of those things alledged I hope he goes to prison and gets a nice friendly cellmate named Bubba.

REPORTS ARE HE COMMITTED SUICIDE

NEWS REPORTED AT 6 PM HE WAS FOUND DEAD BY A REPORTER

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unreal

It's a great day in St Pete.

Screw that fat s.o.b. glad he s dead. what a sad excuse for a "leader," to have relations with his own kids; and then to have such a weak will and not face consequences, by taking your own life. ridiculous.

actually, i should take that back...and thank him for not wasting our tax dollars and further humiliation to this city. Bryan, thank you for man-ing up and sparing us various untruths, dog and pony shows, and further examples of the unwagering corruption in this city.

all that he s said about police and fire...no wonder why he can t stand us...we protect the very victim(s) that he s taken advantage of; children for God sake...you pathetic man.

Don t sugar coat this Mayor and Chief...his suicide is a direct reflection of his guilt! Call it what it is...don t be weak and advise that you mourn. No one should mourn...this is a very sick man in a very influential position, now off of "our City streets."

I never liked you C-man Bryan, glad you re gone.

its a sad day

Councilman Bryan was a true friend to the pba, he will be sadly missed.

Union member classic comment. Here is a question, when is the last time a council member in St. Pete committed suicide?

Abuser got what he deserved

Grown men who abuse children are villains. Sick, pathetic cowards.

The news today is the usual masquerade in St Pete...someone posing as a respected city official holding the reins of budget, decisions and influence. Got a few of those on the 3rd floor.

Final thought: another hypercritical Republican and good friend of the mayor. Go figure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast