NEW CONTRACT - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: NEW CONTRACT

Can't we all just get along?

NO WE CAN'T

last i heard we did? did something new happen since i got promoted and changed?

Any word on how the negotiations are going?

Any word on chicken dinner?

contract update

The initial contract letter was sent to the town nearly 2 weeks ago. As of now we have not heard anything substantial. This is to be expected, as the town in recent history has waited to begin negotiations no earlier than June. We must also take into consideration that the current legislative session will conclude without adressing the property tax issue in the state. There is a special session convening in June to adress the issue. This being said, the town will probably drag it's feet until a settlement can be reached in relation to property taxes. We are asking that you have patience during this time. This is the time we need to come together and be strong as a union to get what we are asking for. Please attend the meetings and ask questions to dispel rumors. You may also contact myself or any other board member personally to discuss the issues that are important to you.

tsd

07/09 meeting

The executive board met with town officials yesterday 07/09. The meeting lasted for only about 15 minutes. During the meeting we were given the initial proposals by the town and their responses to our proposals. The board is currently going over the documents with a "fine tooth comb", and will be meeting tenatively on Thursday 07/12 to discuss our thoughts and how it will affect us as a whole. I will not be posting any of our discussions on this site. If anyone needs to find out what is being discussed please seek out a board member. If any info gets posted on this site by anyone other than a board member, consider it bogus! We are all in this together. Please refrain from rumors because it will only divide, not unite.

As for rumors, I have heard several and will attempt to address them as to what we know so far.
    1. 12 hour shifts are not imminent, but the town is interested in a more efficient department so they ARE considering it.

2. We are NOT losing take-home cars, but the papv program may be "re-worked"

3. We have been told that there will be NO lay-offs to junior employees.

Please seek out a board member to discuss any further rumors.

tsd

DAVIE634

What about the other things that we asked for in the contract? Our raise, buying our gun, and vacation days for not crashing.

What is going to be reworked about the take home program? No more tricounty?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    DAVIE634

What about the other things that we asked for in the contract? Our raise, buying our gun, and vacation days for not crashing.

What is going to be reworked about the take home program? No more tricounty?

"I will not be posting any of our discussions on this site"

hey tsd, did they bring up the fact that a few felloow cops visited (unnanounced) at town hall and were speaking with people (important)about our contract? about our day to day operations? sounds bad to me

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast