WISHLIST FOR NEW CONTRACT - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nice list. Our Local polled us over three years ago (see where we still are?) and we responded similarly on many of the very same subjects.

Please... if you're in the area of city hall today (Tuesday) at 1330 - please attend our impasse hearing. Show up early and we'll give you a red Union shirt and you can blend in with the rest of us. We'll have our labor attorneys and an economist with us. We managed to wrangle some additional time to make our case, so it should be an education for anyone that attends.

We thought that many of the problems that plague all of you would never reach us. They have. Our newly appointed chief and asst. chief are both looking haggard after just now hitting their first anniversary this week in their respective job's. It's sad. What was once a department that operated with pretty good success from top to bottom, is now being stressed by a lack of attention; lack of money and lack of concern by the mayor's office.

We've got Medics applying for jobs as far away as Orlando, simply because the economics dictate. We've brought our concerns to our chief - who's brought them to the mayor - and in classic Baker fashion -- the chief is being stonewalled. There is always money afoot for pet projects, but public safety in this town is being allowed to languish. Folks... we've plateaued.

Tomorrow will be interesting to say the least, but when it's all said and done (no matter how council treats us) the contract that we'll be voting to ratify later this week, will be for the period from October 1, 2005 to September 30, 2006.

After a nearly 1100 day journey down this path, we're just now beginning our real fight with this city's very own internal subversive organization - Human Relations. They are just now beginning to learn that our Union President is a PR*CK who intends of seeing us as the last men standing.

Union Strong
    Union Proud

Fraternally,

FD Bro' - IAFF Local 747

how about extra pay or salary incentive for officer technicians? I'm tired of waiting hours for a tech, but why should I give myself more work? I'll just stay x6 and type my report.

If I got extra money for having the qualification of being an officer tech, then that would save time and money.

How about some extra pay accross the board to make us competative with other similar agencies! We are at the bottom of the pay scale in the county and they don't even compare to the workload or population ratio.

As far as incentive pay for every little task....if you don't want to do the extra jobs, then don't. That's the problem with us, it's all about "me" instead of everyone as a group.

The extra jobs. I've often wondered what the department would do if no one wanted to be an FTO. Would it force them to give extra $$ to be one?

If you want to slow down the attrition rate then they should make the pay step plan take 5-6 years. When you have two years on you would have to take an approximate $3-$4 an hour pay cut if you leave to go to another agency.

I know that when I worked there I may not of left if it would of cost me $3-$4 an hour.

And also give everyone that lives in Pinellas county a take-home. Make it by seniority. Its Bullsh-t when someone with two years less time on than you gets a take home just because they live in the city. How about giving a take-home to the people that have shown some dedication and actually stayed.

Those are some of the factors why I left.

holiday time

How about if you work 10 hour days, you should be able to bank 10 hours of holiday time. If you work day shift, you should only be allowed to bank 8. This is just common sense, we're getting ripped off 2 hours....That's just wrong. Come on PBA.....

ALL THAT I HAVE READ SO FAR ARE GREAT IDEAS. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE TAKE HOME VEHICLE PROGRAM EXTEND TO NEIGHBORING COUNTIES. IT JUST MAKES SENSE. LEOS TAKE BETTER CARE OF THEIR VEHICLES WHEN THEY BELONG TO THEM, AND IN TURN THE VEHICLES WILL HAVE A LONGER SHELF LIFE.

WE SEEM TO BE STUCK IN THE OLD MIND SET, IF EVER THERE WAS EVIDENCE THAT CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE IT IS NOW.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Contract negotiations

BEWARE

Our FireFighting Brothers just got a major anal probe without KY by City Council.

What makes you think that they will give us anything?
    SPFD got Diddley Squat (3.5%) after 31 months of negotiations.
    City council backstabbed them.
    The SPFD EXODUS HAS BEGUN !

We're next.
    To be Greased.....

It's all smoke and mirrors folks
    I urge everyone to send in their surveys...... not that it will amount to anything.

Roll over and play dead

That is what they want you to do when it comes to contracts....That is what everyone else has done...All the unions accross the board around here suck....They are all talk and no action....We need a real union with real balls to come in here and take over. This city needs a wake up call like there was in the late 60's and early 70's. Everyone is too scared because they have too much to risk. No one is hungry any more. 3% is fine. [/b]YOU WILL NOT GET A SICK TIME AWARD, YOU WILL NOT HAVE SICK TIME SEPRATE FROM YOUR VACATION TIME, YOU WILL NOT 20 YEARS AND OUT (NO ONE ELSE HAS IT WHY SHOULD YOU?) THIS CITY IS CORRUPT AND IS GETTING WORSE AS THE DAYS GO ON. TOO BAD WE CANNOT STRIKE, BECAUSE THIS CITY NEEDS A WAKE UP CALL. Get your head out of the clouds or your butt and face reality, this city will not give up anything to this union or any other union because once your union gets it, the city contracts states all the other unions must have it. When the city increased shift dif on mids, it had to do it for the whole city. Why do think its only a dollar, not $1.50 or $2? If you really want to make changes in this city, you have to make it changes its thinking. GET RID OF THIS ONE FOR ALL, ALL FOR ONE MENTALITY, where if one city employee gets something, all city employees have to have it. I AM SORRY, BUT WORKING IN POLICE WORK IS A LOT MORE STRESSFUL THAN WORKING AT WATER RESOURCES OR PRACTICALLY ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE CITY(CODE GUYS DESERVE SOME PROPS, ESPECIALLY IF THEY WORK SOUTHSIDE). WE NEED TO STOP THIS PRACTICE IF WE WANT SOME PROGRESS AND GET WHAT WE WANT, NOT WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WANTS. THIS CITY IS SO AFRAID OF OFFENDING SOMEONE THAT IT IS OFFENSIVE.

your wrong on several points. First how about some suggestions of what you would do if you were the union?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast