stranded motorists - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Long form reports

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Could someone explain to me, in detail, how writing long form reports and placing the subsections on the reports will "allow latent investigators to use that system to put the pieces of the puzzle of a crime or crime sprees together easily and efficiently."

This is for the new records keeping system we don't even have in place yet? Tell me how describing the "crime scene" on a found property report solves anything. Or for that matter why are we writing long form reports for informational/non-crime reports?

At a time when we are more short-handed than I can remember, staff just makes more work for the troops.
    you are doing it because the man that is over that section is an idiot :devil:

Troops

Why does talking to the troops stop at the level of Sergeant. When was the last time the "staff" addressed the troops enmasse, since our grand, great swearing in ceremony. If these issues are so important, then have a meeting with the troops, like the swearing in ceremony, where you actually speak to us in person, not behind some general order posted on the intranet, or some stupid video. Come talk to us, we'll keep our distance so our dirt from working doesn't get on your clean shirt and shiny shoes, or are you to busy scheduling the next "tournament" for whatever to speak to those that truly represent you an a daily basis !!!!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    From what I understand, there will be en mass meetings after the first of the year, fyi. So start thinking about those questions you want to ask boys and girls!
    Mod184@leoaffairs.com
    Never get so pretentious that you can't laugh at yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by mod 184
    From what I understand, there will be en mass meetings after the first of the year, fyi. So start thinking about those questions you want to ask boys and girls!

Yeah, and our Sgt has promised instant death to anyone who embarrasses him by asking a question.

Decobozo :roll: If I thought that speaking up would actually do any good, I'd express my feelings. But the reason why I'm a "yes sir, no sir" clone is because that's the way you've ordered things. Hey Decobozo. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickSleeve
    Quote Originally Posted by mod 184

Yeah, and our Sgt has promised instant death to anyone who embarrasses him by asking a question.

Decobozo :roll: If I thought that speaking up would actually do any good, I'd express my feelings. But the reason why I'm a "yes sir, no sir" clone is because that's the way you've ordered things. Hey Decobozo. THANKS!
    :cop: like we are going to ask questions with the rats in the back taking names of those that have the courage to stand up and ask "why"? :cop:

:devil:

Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Just a thought from a retired guy who used to ask the "hard questions:"

Why not submit a list of questions for the "en masse" meetings to your PBA rep. They can ask the questions for you guys as a third person. Or, if the reps don't want to do it, get some retired deputy to do it, if approved by the staff of course. Heck, if approved, I'll come down there and ask the questions for you. Deja Vu all over again, but I'm serious. I don't have to worry about getting promoted anymore..... and even the threat of working Wimauma on the midnight shift (I did that when I was a rookie) is a moot point. From what I hear, Wimauma on the midnight shift in D4, is a pretty good assignment now.

Well, time to feed the deer and get my sled ready. We may get an inch of snow today!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Parsowith
    Just a thought from a retired guy who used to ask the "hard questions:"

Why not submit a list of questions for the "en masse" meetings to your PBA rep. They can ask the questions for you guys as a third person. Or, if the reps don't want to do it, get some retired deputy to do it, if approved by the staff of course. Heck, if approved, I'll come down there and ask the questions for you. Deja Vu all over again, but I'm serious. I don't have to worry about getting promoted anymore..... and even the threat of working Wimauma on the midnight shift (I did that when I was a rookie) is a moot point. From what I hear, Wimauma on the midnight shift in D4, is a pretty good assignment now.

Well, time to feed the deer and get my sled ready. We may get an inch of snow today!

See! Old, retired guys have good ideas.

Snow?????

It was 83 degrees here on Christmas Eve.

Colder today, the 26th - 65 degrees, scattered showers.

Brrrrrr...............

Perhaps we'll see you at the January Alumni Association meeting, Elliot.

Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Carl,

I'll be coming down for the alumni meeting on the 25th. Looking forward to seeing you guys. After that we'll be doing an around the state trip to see friends/family. I expect to see sunshine but not too hot. Any temps lower than 70 seems too warm now.

We didn't get an inch of snow, just some flurries to tease us sled riders. I can see some snow in the higher elevations, so we may take a ride up there today.

Have fun and be safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12