Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock
LEOAFFAIRS.COM has received a Death Threat against an FHP Trooper. On 02/18/14 (Tue) we contacted FHP to report this offense and on 02/19/14 (Wed) we spoke with FHP brass. We were instructed that the Criminal Investigations Division (Bureau of Criminal Investigations and Intelligence) would be contacting us, but we have not heard anything since. The threat that we received was in electronic written form and we have information on the author. Needless to say, it's been a week and we are concerned about the safety and welfare of this trooper. Thus, we are making attempts to contact him outside of contacting his agency. If anyone has any pull with FHP and would like to see this offender prosecuted, please get them to contact me. At this point I feel compelled to reach out to the Florida PBA and the FDLE for additional assistance.

Chip DeBlock, Co-Founder
LEOAFFAIRS.COM
(813) 760-2900 Cell
Chip,
Who did you talk to when you refer to brass? This would seem to be the person who dropped the ball initially. Also if the threat was posted on this site which is not an official FHP site then someone any of us on here that are members are obligated upon seeing it to make notification up the chain. It's easy to point finger at someone but harder to look in the mirror and find fault. if you wanted to get ahold of us you should have used one of the numbers listed on the real FHP web site or even made contact through that page. Each Troops contact information is listed along with GHQ. Its always funny to see the instigators and bandwagon get going on these topics when they have only a shred of information. I also hope that anyone on here does not believe GHQ is just sitting around reading this stuff so they can act. If you felt it was so important you should have been diligent in your attempt to contact someone that would listen vs. just stirring the pot. There is always enough blame to go around. I'm All threats are taken serious when reported and this is not the first one aimed at this trooper. Too bad good reporting isn't a requirement of this site or that only factual allegations can be posted.