Okay...we haven't had an 8 person bike unit in over 10 years, CIS has never had 9 detectives....

As for five years ago, you are right, we didn't have three LT's we had Two...

We didn't have corporals, we had SPO's and before that MPO's....

If you want to blame anyone for you being short right now, blame city hall and the taxpayers for voting for amendment one.

We lost three positions due to Amendment one, in addition, NK left and his position wasn't filled and you have about a half dozen officers on either light duty or no duty due to injuries, surgeries etc..

I beleive we are running over eleven short right now in patrol of no fault of the LT's or Cpls....

Place blame where it belongs....
This post is complete garbage...5 years ago we had one LT, and the title SPO or MPO was only a title. Your job description never changed at all. You still answered calls. You were considered something along the lines as an FTO, someone to go to when there was a question.

Look the bottom line is this, the problem is no one is looking out for the engine of this police department. There is no advocate for the patrol guys that come in day in and day out and do work. They act like there is some chance of getting a specialized postion or getting promoted but everyone knows that those opportunites are few and far between and the selection process all the way around is pretty much a joke. You have one guy who is on his way into his third specialized position in 8 years. How about we do the math on that one..He has never finished his commitment to one position. So, let's give him another one...good thinking...You have back door crap going on like the "I want to replace the CPL in this unit that I'm losing, so the CPL doesn't have to go back to the road and shag calls." You have a SGT running around telling people that there are "unwritten rules" as to what is expected of us that is directly in conflict with what our SOPs say. There is talk of 12 hour shifts, guys getting moved around blah blah blah and everything is kept either a secret, or is done without any explanation. No raise, our super contract that we allegedly got a few years is being picked at little by little. How much can you take?

I remember a few years ago when you go your evals your SGT actually asked you what your plans were for the PD what positions you were interested and then tried to set up a plan to help YOU MEET YOUR GOALS. Now when you get your evals you get told that you aren't being productive enough and you are not helping the LT MEET HIS GOALS FOR THE SHIFT. Am I the only one that sees a problem with this? Every week when we come in to read off there is some new traffic wave or some new area that we have to keep an eye on blah blah blah all to help other sections of the PD meet there goals. well how about this, how about all of special ops comes out and shags calls for a night so we can run traffic and stop bike violators to keep our LT of our back. Help us meet our goals. Instead of taking our guys away to fill a position somewhere else, pull some of there guys to make up where we are short.

After all, aren't we always told that patrol is the most important section of the PD, well how about you act like it?