Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote Originally Posted by West side Resident
Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
This neighborhood is just fine aside from normal property crimes. The police only work to the letter even though they have a new contract. Don't let the very few cry baby police deter you that area is just fine. I you do move here, pay attention to the city politics between the few unhappy police officers and the gay mafia they are ruining a once decent city.
Much more than a few that are unhappy. Not a good city to move into right now. The amount needed to build a adequate new city hall and police department is about 2 to 3 million over what we passed a bond for, I believe around 6 million. Everybody is talking about what a failure Wilton Station is with the condo prices going down and the defaults on mortages going up. City could come back but you need to clean house starting with the Mayor, Scott Newton, who has his hand in every developers pocket along with Commissioners Gary Resnick & Joe Angelo. They have been bad for business. They talk a good game but all are only really interested in furthering the political careers they want.
Wilton Station is not the only development with problems...You watch the news??? Forclosures are at an all time high..not just in WM , but the whole country!!!! Local govt. isnt to blame for a crash in the real estate market. You think you can find happiness else where....go for it. How involved are you in the community?? My guess is you sit back and complain...and thats the about it!!!!!!
Actually I applied for two city boards over the last several years after being noticed by the city clerk or her assistant. After submitting a resume, I was told that I did not have much of a chance because I was a new resident of the city. My background is financial management. And local goverment does have a role but of course they cannot control the real estate market. But they can anticipate or forecast what the market will do and not sell the taxpayers down the road with FAT employee union & pension contracts banking on a huge increase in the tax base which will not happen in the near future. This Jan 29 vote will play a huge part if this city will be able to sustain city services at a level that is to be expected by the residents who pay some of the highest ad vill in Broward County.