Hiring Process

Thread: Hiring Process

Hiring Process

I was wondering what the hiring process is like for DOT? Is the process hard ? Do they worry about your credit like most agencies do ? Where is the acd held ?

Any information will help before I apply. I am not current a certified LE but, start the acd here in South Florida at the end of March.

The hiring process is easy so long as you sumit all the information required. They do look at your credit. The academy is in Tall. if you are already certified the academy is about 3 months.

Hiring Process

I have a polygraph, background, Psychological, visual and medical exam
    and hopefully the oral interview coming up soon.
    Can you tell me what the Psyc and oral interview are like.
    Thank you

Test

The Psych test is not bad you will talk to a Doctor and then take a multiple choice test. Just simple mind questions to see what kind of person you are. The oral interview is not bad either. You will have about three or four interviewers and they will all ask you questions. No problem if you get to that point.

hiring process

Question,
    If one is already a state employed and certified officer, would their current rate of pay be the same should they transfer over to MCC?

Re: Test

Quote Originally Posted by DotCop
    The Psych test is not bad you will talk to a Doctor and then take a multiple choice test. Just simple mind questions to see what kind of person you are. The oral interview is not bad either. You will have about three or four interviewers and they will all ask you questions. No problem if you get to that point.

I just took my polygraph. If I do get to the Oral Board. What types of questions are they? Just curious

Interview questions

I just did my polygraph. If I do get to the Oral Board. What types of questions do they ask? and are they Hiring for the July 12, Class.
    Just curious.

You'll never get in the july class. Even the new colonel is too slow for that. everything has to go to some monthly meeting now. there is always the spring academy. you sould be done buy then.

Where is it you want to go for a duty station?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Where is it you want to go for a duty station?
    Anywhere is fine with me.

As of Today I have not heard back about if I passed my polygraph that I took last week yet.