NEW CONTRACT - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NEW CONTRACT

WHY WOULD ANY OF US SPEAK TO ANYONE OUTSIDE OUR UNION REGARDING OUR INTERNAL PROCEEDINGS? AND WHY DISCUSS IT WITH THOSE THAT ARE TRYING TO LIMIT OUR NUMBERS? I HOPE THAT THE POSSIBLE RUMOR INVOLVING THE VETERAN AND A SUPRVISOR? IS UNTRUE IF IT IS SHAME ON THEM

who did it???

hey davie634 , thanks for keeping us posted.

listen guys and gals we need to stop with all this B.S

this a time when we need to stick together, new and old.

remember the bad guys are on the streets not in here.

thanks everyone stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    hey tsd, did they bring up the fact that a few felloow cops visited (unnanounced) at town hall and were speaking with people (important)about our contract? about our day to day operations? sounds bad to me
    If there is any truth to this please give more info (i.e. id numbers). We need to know if there are those within who may be undermining our efforts.

MAYBE 634 CAN CLEAR THIS UP BUT IS IT A CRIME FOR MEMBERS TO ENGAGE IN TALKING ABOUT THE CONTRACT WITH THE TOWN IF THEYR NOT ON THE BOARD? THEY WOULD BE NEGOITIATING? IF IT WAS A SIMPLE CONVERSATION THATS FINE, BUT IUF THEYRE WAS A HIDDEN MEANING INVOLVED THEY NEED TO ADDRESS THE MEMBERS AT THE NXT MEETING AND COME CLEAN IF ITS A LIE THEN KILL IT AND MOVE ON

why dont we just talk about our info at the meetings and not here, if the above happened, im sure with the inability for cops to shut up, we will find out the truth(some of it anyway) if they did speak with the town we will simply ask the town then proceed with actions

another bs story intended to cause problems. im sure they will continue and try to stop the board from doing there jobs and cause panic at the disco

hey tsd, did they bring up the fact that a few felloow cops visited (unnanounced) at town hall and were speaking with people (important)about our contract? about our day to day operations? sounds bad to me
    so far there has been no truth to this so lets assume that it was a misunderstanding or a rumor

contract

On 07/17 five members of the board met with the town mgr., asst. town mgr., human resources director and asst. director. The meeting lasted 1 1/2 hours. Our responses to their initial proposals were discussed. We will now give the town an opportunity to re-dress the proposals as discussed during the meeting. The meeting as a whole went "ok". Due to the fact that we are in a waiting mode, there really is not much to discuss at the scheduled union meeting, therefore it was postponed. Once again if you need to discuss specifics about the contract, please seek out a board member.

As to the rumor of certain members going to town hall and discussing negotiations on their own, it is just that- A RUMOR! We have attempted to verify this but have found no basis to the rumor.

We will be meeting again next week. I will post an update when this occurs.

tsd

Was a BSO takeover discussed?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast